Slk 230 boot struts ( dampers )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

be879

Car
slk 230
Hi everyone, just thought i would pass on some useful info regarding the renewal of the dampers in the boot of the slk, apparently they are prone to early failure ( i know mine were, making lifting the boot lid quite heavy. Anyway, my local mercedes dealership quoted £411 to replace both boot and one bonnet damper!!,
A quick trawl on e,bay found a brand new pair of boot dampers, made in germany, £18.00 posted!, they arrived today ,and were fitted in minutes , total result, plus a 12 momth warranty, alright, they dont wear the mercedes logo, but are we really bothered?...I will seek out a bonnet damper soon, and let you know about price, cheers, Brian.

£18/pair is a bargain.
I doubt MB make their own gas dampers anyway. Stabilus are one of the major OEM suppliers.

Slk boot strut dampers

The quality of these £18 dampers appears on a par with the original ones removed, except they work !, i am very pleased .

Where to buy?

Hi
Have looked all over ebay cannot find them for anywhere near £18
Do you have a link
Cheers

Yes I have just changed mine And with change from £20 from EBay. A supplier in Redrooth. Reminds me I must leave feedback.

the link now shows £70??

I paid £27 for a pair from MB, didn't think that was too bad for originals.

ah reminds me.. i bought some last week.. the guy with the original link said he got them back in at £18..

let me chase him on where they are.. hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom