SLK 32 AMG THOUGHTS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spider10

MB Enthusiast
Car
c63 amg w204 now w205 c63
My dad has spotted this what are your general views etc thanks in advance

Looks nice - just do your due diligence because not all 20 year old cars that have done 100,000 miles are the same.

It's not the same process as buying a five year old motor that's done 25k.

I've found out he paid just shy of £12k in may so I think he's trying to get out of it ,personally I wouldn't buy it and have advised him the same 🙂

I really enjoyed driving the SLK 32 AMG. My advice would be - for those who are tall or wide framed - to have an extended test drive, as the tombstone style seats may not not suit. Sadly I couldn’t get on with seat, but I loved it otherwise.

I really enjoyed driving the SLK 32 AMG. My advice would be - for those who are tall or wide framed - to have an extended test drive, as the tombstone style seats may not not suit. Sadly I couldn’t get on with seat, but I loved it otherwise.
They are rare these days too. I have one booked in for Wednesday at my workshop. A rare treat! I’ll get pictures.

Sounds like a heck of a load of money to me :eek:

Bearing in mind R170's were not galvanised, so although the 32AMG engine is tempting, serious due diligence is required to ensure no nasties are hiding in it! Personally I would think twice about an R170 compared to an R171 Galvanised - and my R171 early facelift with lower mileage was somewhat cheaper to buy! AlsoI fimd the 280 mpre than quick enough so the extra performance of the 32AMG is not such a temptation to me.

Try a WBAC valuation , you may get a surprise regarding its value within the trade.

K

Although older AMGs sell privately for much much more than WBAC valuations. Old AMGs aren’t really their bag.
Yeah they tend to like newer cars with (fairly) low mileages, these are prime candidates to be retailed directly by them through their website Cinch.

Although older AMGs sell privately for much much more than WBAC valuations. Old AMGs aren’t really their bag.
That reminds me of a modern well known car journo who went to WBAC to get his lovely modern Defender valued. Low mileage, excellent condition.

They came back with a 5k number that made him snort his tea down his nose. Defenders are worth many times more but it’s just not WBAC’s retail bag.

They are rare these days too. I have one booked in for Wednesday at my workshop. A rare treat! I’ll get pictures.
Just for Rob, ‘cause he’ll only moan if I don’t. 68k, pretty clean. She’s had some paint in her time, but the only R170 I’ve seen that’s never had paint is my own one…

6-EEA9-D45-9421-4-BF5-A096-923-D2-C2-CE8-D5.jpg

CF1712-E5-C84-B-4552-8438-22-EA48-DFAA75.jpg

BF0-DCA33-20-F1-44-B2-9-E34-5-A7-A5-F2-B671-C.jpg

FB9-F6568-4918-4246-8913-4-EAF3733-A11-B.jpg

Rare colour. I’ve never seen another

You can actually see my one in pic 2. Just noticed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom