SLK 55 AMG At MSL Performance !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
Hi all,

Would like to leave a small review for Acid and the team over at MSL for the great work that they've recently done on my car.

Few weeks ago i took my totally stock car in for a remap. Acid and the guys loaded the map in and found that the car actually had a map on it already unknown to me ! Any ways before the remap it was running 366BHP and after the MSL map it was running it was running 361BHP. So down on power but improved on drivability. Acid said the new map is a better a map than that was on before but it is down on power so if your not happy then he'll look down another route with Jerry Eurocharge !

After driving for a few weeks the car felt slightly down on power and torque but throttle response was quicker and power delivery was much smoother. I asked Acid to look further into the Eurocharge map as i would have missed the power which he did with no problems.

Roll the clock forward to yesterday !

This time it was mainly for a Middle Resonator delete 2nd Cat Delete and an Xpipe but whilst i was there Acid said he would fit my car in for the new map and dyne run which was very good of him !

Exhaust work was very good from there in-house Tech Immy at TorqueFlow Exhausts. Very good craftsman and his experience speaks a thousand words. He suggested something not like the conventional "X" pipes that are off the shelf. In the middle of their 2.5" "X" the flow was very restricted and wasn't doing the flow or performance any good. He suggested putting a 5" section of tubing in the middle of the "X" which allows a lot more flow and increase in performance!

After the exhaust work was done they rolled the car round to the Dyno and loaded the new map in. Did a few runs and with the exhaust work + New Eurocharge map the car was running around 385BHP which in such a small car is mega haha !

I can't thank Immy, Acid and the rest of the team for staying late and managing to fit me in on such a busy saturday afternoon !

When i figure out how to load pictures on here ill show you the work carried out !

Here are some youtube links:

Before Exhaust Mod:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks,

Olly

Exhaust work was very good from there in-house Tech Immy at TorqueFlow Exhausts. Very good craftsman and his experience speaks a thousand words. He suggested something not like the conventional "X" pipes that are off the shelf. In the middle of their 2.5" "X" the flow was very restricted and wasn't doing the flow or performance any good. He suggested putting a 5" section of tubing in the middle of the "X" which allows a lot more flow and increase in performance!

Any pics of the work sir?

We have pictures yes just need to post some later

Sounds excellent.
I would like to se the pics when available and also what sort of cost is involved here if you don't mind me asking?
There doesn't seem much performance upgrades about for the 172 SLK 55 so very interested.
Thanks

Price for all £500 for exhaust work and £350 for map

b04f98e31bccc9eb5c6f6b9b0ab84a1d.jpg
ac2639df769fe57045c3b40732b11a0c.jpg
386244a43d450462748e262c77e8f810.jpg
8fbe0254fba8b3be59feb3098311f029.jpg
91b81c5f143ea55c107b6ccdc7c7cedd.jpg
331fb2b445820c2a0aa152c53a3862e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a real quality job.
Excellent.
Thanks for the pics and pricing.

Looks great. Loving the yellow Calipers. Can’t wait to get mine painted

Thanks, I will say they’re a nightmare to keep clean !

Interior has a yellow theme too

b185e1d4938f5d95e1deb04c0197151a.jpg
ba280acda2f08aa3b0e1a8512f33a266.png
945a34f930c4b5646c3fd18e584f2d1a.jpg

P1110898.JPG Good sound change but go straight throu with the bypass valves and you will not believe the noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom