SLK 55 AMG Oil leak valve cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JasperJames

Car
SLK 55 AMG
I have the famous valve cover leak, which on the right bank, slowly drips on the exhaust manifold shield. Smoke and smell ensues. Does anyone know the part numbers for the replacement valve cover gasket and the aluminum screws I have heard about? These have to be torques carefully but what measurement. Are pattern parts OK? The left bank have a minor leak too. Has anyone done it and any tips? While I am on what is the engine/model "code" name?

I got my indi to do mine. It's a job any decent home mechanic can do , but I chose not to do it as I have heard of some who use MB parts and follow the instructions religiously and the things start leaking again for no obvious reason. I figured if that happened it would be him who had to do it twice , not me :).

P.S , for the price ? I would strongly recommend only genuine MB parts. Mine were done over 45K miles ago...still good.

Thanks Pete. You have a fair point. I am pretty handy and at least I know it will be done proper. If not I will birch myself.
MB parts will be used and it shouldn't be big money:rolleyes:

it's the crackcase breather covers, they dont have a gaskit they use rtv sealent i did mine on my v6 mec long job

It's an easy job on a n/a M113; less dismantling to do to get at them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom