SLK 55 amg p30 option (r172) how much firmer is the ride with p30?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RHDV8

Car
SLK55 amg.
Hi, might be in the market for a SLK 55 amg (r172) and have seen that an option was to have stiffer suspension with a p30 option. Any one who has tried both care to attempt to explain how much stiffer it is? I like to think the SLK was a smallish GT with grunt rather than an out and out sports car and I’d like not to have to worry about every pot hole.
Thanks.

How about those with a normal SLK55 amg chip in and try and describe how firm the ride is? Then I might be able to use my imagination for the p30 option.

Whilst I’m sure the good folks here would be more than willing to help; for SLK specific questions and issues I suggest dropping into Mercedes SLK World

Whilst I’m sure the good folks here would be more than willing to help; for SLK specific questions and issues I suggest dropping into Mercedes SLK World
Many thanks, I am on there too but I thought maybe a UK based forum might be more relevant with out roads etc. And to tell the truth I’m trying to up my posting count so I can respond to for sale adds etc. :)

Many thanks, I am on there too but I thought maybe a UK based forum might be more relevant with out roads etc. And to tell the truth I’m trying to up my posting count so I can respond to for sale adds etc. :)
No worries. There’s quite a strong UK contingent on the SLKworld forum, which was founded by a guy called ’Woolly’ (sadly no longer with us ☹️) who was UK based.

As for this forum; like others, there is so much more to it than the For Sale adds.

I hope you find what you‘re looking for.

No worries. There’s quite a strong UK contingent on the SLKworld forum, which was founded by a guy called ’Woolly’ (sadly no longer with us ☹️) who was UK based.

As for this forum; like others, there is so much more to it than the For Sale adds.

I hope you find what you‘re looking for.
Thanks again, I have joined both forums recently and am working my way through the SLK r172 and AMG sections. I find it best to do as much research as possible before any potential purchase. I think the only way to find out if a car suits though is to go and try them. The problem being that lockdown hasn’t really helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom