SLK clear wind deflector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tinnyboy_1

Car
SLK320
The clear plastic variety which goes between the hoops behind the headrests, for want of a better description.

Steve

R170 or 171?

I am looking too, & am considering having one made for my R170, contact me if interested.

I thought you had a 300SL and had sold your R170. Mine is the R170 too, where would we get this done and at what expense.

Someone advertises these in the "accessories" section of Merc Enthusiast. 95 GBP + p & p. Transform you SLK
But I've never tried one.

I sold my R129 last year after a few unsatisfactory experiences & went back to a R170 320 which feels like coming home :) The next upgrade will be to the R230 but there is plenty of life left in this one.

I guess the one from HPL is adequate if you are looking for a basic deflector for the central area only but I would expect the full length one (incorporating the hoops too) I am hoping to have made to come in cheaper than £100. Am speaking to a couple of plastic shops at the moment, will post details soon.

Cluelss,
Any chance of getting a batch made up (economies of scale etc.) ?:)

I sold my R129 last year after a few unsatisfactory experiences & went back to a R170 320 which feels like coming home :) The next upgrade will be to the R230 but there is plenty of life left in this one.

I guess the one from HPL is adequate if you are looking for a basic deflector for the central area only but I would expect the full length one (incorporating the hoops too) I am hoping to have made to come in cheaper than £100. Am speaking to a couple of plastic shops at the moment, will post details soon.
I would be interested as well clueless.
Sorry didn't reply earlier, been really busy.

Interested in this also, clueless

I am also interested in this clear plate if you get an OK price.
I live in Norway, so I guess I will have to add some tax + shipping.
Anyway I am interested in how this turns out. R170

R171 wind deflector

I have one for sale (clear plastic, genuine Mercedes part) it was on my previous SLK (54 plate) and I managed to retain it when I sold the car.

I'm in SE London (don't particularly fancy packaging it up).. if you want to collect or meet me somewhere nearby I'm happy to do that.

NOTE: I don't have the bag it came in anymore.

Make me an offer?! :thumb: Otherwise it will end up on Ebay..
cheers
Noodles
(you may contact me at noodlesATtophotelrooms.com obviously replacing the AT as appropriate)

SLK Wind Deflector

I have just bought an SLK Wind deflector from a UK company. I'm really happy with it - just the job! Its clear perpex and you can buy tinted for a bit extra I think. Easy to fit (I did it in a couple of minutes) and you don't have to keep taking it on and off. Just great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just bought an SLK Wind deflector from a UK company. I'm really happy with it - just the job! Its clear perpex and you can buy tinted for a bit extra I think. Easy to fit (I did it in a couple of minutes) and you don't have to keep taking it on and off. Just great.

Where did you get it and how much Linda, oh, and have you any photo's. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom