SLK Command DVD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WTBMrBlonde

Car
SLK
Is there any way of removing the lock on these so DVD's can be watched while moving ?

There is and I believe it depends on what model unit you have. Search the threads and you'll find out how. I searched for the Engineers menu on google, for something different and found out how. Not advisable as if the Police see that the driver has a view of the screen whilst in motion, it will cost you 3 Points and a £60 fine. Good luck though

There is and I believe it depends on what model unit you have. Search the threads and you'll find out how. I searched for the Engineers menu on google, for something different and found out how. Not advisable as if the Police see that the driver has a view of the screen whilst in motion, it will cost you 3 Points and a £60 fine. Good luck though

You really are missing the point here. Perhaps you and others should read this:

Video In Motion

Just so you are aware I'm not trying to do this so I can catch up on The Simpsons whilst driving to work, just so when I'm out with my son he can be entertained.

I'll make a cardboard cover so I can't see it from my side to keep it all legal ;)

Some are a little quick to judge on here at times, but I think they are only looking out for your best interest at heart. It's a great site that has helped me with various problems and issues, stick with it.

Search google for the three terms mentioned in post 4 with the model of your car added to the end and you will have your answer.

My Mitsubishi L200 has a touch screen Kenwood sat nav/media player/dvd/bluetooth.
The nanny at the heart of the system will not allow me to make phone calls on the move, although it will allow me to receive calls. (I haven't explored all possibilities such as voice activation).
Recently discovered that it will allow me to make calls when I'm parked up and exploring further it seems that all I need to do is have the handbrake clicked on by one notch.
This one notch also turns out to activate the DVD player so I could watch DVD's on the move!
Hardly a secure system.

Thanks, I managed to find a guide online searching for the right terms

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom