Slk flasher unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

debenham

When the roof is down,the wind noise masks the noise from the flasher unit, which can result in the indicator being left on (old and forgetful). Is there a merc unit that can replace this one that gives a loud signal tone similar to the ones sold as part of a towing set up.

Do you have the windstop in place? That reduces noise a little. Also do you drive with the side wondos down as that adds significant noise.

I don't know of a different MB flasher unit - but you might be able to cobble something together if it's that much of a problem. Is the unit cancelling correctly?

If you could stand the noise there are plenty of low current 12 volt sirens on the market, the current drawn is low enough as to not effect the blink rate, I have loads of the things

If you could stand the noise there are plenty of low current 12 volt sirens on the market, the current drawn is low enough as to not effect the blink rate, I have loads of the things
Some kind of 12v buzzer and a relay would be enough wouldn't it?

Then put a microswitch somewhere in the boot area so the thing only buzzes when the roof is down :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom