slk gearbox leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zx6rken

Car
99 slk 230
Hi new to the forum so hello :) My prob is a gearbox leak but not from the usual electrical connection.It,s from the cable at the back of the box which i believe goes to the shift mechanism.Ive had it to an indie 5 times and they aint cured it. Took it to a stealer today and still not fixed. They say they will give me an estimate as box may have to come out.Ive seen on the net that you can replace the bush by dropping the sump.:thumb: Is this true or am i being ripped off? Just waiting for their estimate.OMG:rolleyes:

Hi there is a seal on the cable no need to remove gearbox may need to remove sump and valve body

oil leak

Thanks for the reply Andy.I thought that might be the case,but main dealer talking about might have to remove g/box.:doh: Have you come across this prob before?. Gear changes are all over the place,i presume due to low oil level because of leak.

low oil level will give gearchange faults and limb home mode there should be no reason to remove gearbox only valvebody needs to be removed

Still waiting for reply from dealer since last Friday.Phoned them up today to see where the quote was and was told the guy i needed was on a late lunch, and she would sort it with him when he returned, and he would phone me after 4.30.Its now 7.00 and no phone call.Main dealer service (what). All i want is the leak fixing. Not happy. Sorry for the rant, but so p-----d off.

Ok so just had the estimate come through at last. £478. Got to drop the box they say. Could be more if they find any problems,omg.What are you guys thoughts. Thanks Ken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom