SLK Interior

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vssf

Car
230 SLK
Hi Folks

I’m just about to buy a 1998 230 SLK. The red and black interior on this car is immaculate apart from some of the red in front of the box between the seats has been lightly chipped revealing the black underneath. Any recommendations for a product to touch up these blemishes?

On a separate note, the car does not have a CD changer, but the Radio-Cassette unit has the facility for controlling one. Any suggestions for a unit and is it an easy fit.

Regards

Ray

Hi Ray,

Don't know about the worn red interior other than you're problem being quite common; try Benzworld R170 SLK Forum.

Re CD-Changer. I have a changer in the boot. Mine sits horizontally at the back-left-hand-side of the boot facing forward. I think most people have them mounted at the front-right-hand-side of the boot vertically facing upwards. I reckon this location will give access problems to the roof hydraulics and also to the spare and tool kit.

Since the boot is small I don't really think there is any ideal location to put it. It won't fit under a seat and putting one behind either seat will seriously impact the already limited legroom (glad I'm a short-ar$e :p ). Top of the passenger footwell *might* be a possibility.

I have a Blaupunkt HU and changer. MB fitted the cable connecting the two. Took them a couple of hours. I don't believe the '98 is prewired like some later models; my '97 wasn't.

I'll try to hunt down our work's digital camera and get a photo of my boot for you.

Cheers,
Simon

Ray, I posted pic of changer location in Interior > Boots thread

Click here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom