slk lpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It might help if you stated the model ,age, reasons you are considering this?

It is a car hardly known for the vast amount of space in the boot.

Last edited:
Ok its a 1998 slk 230 there is room for a tank in the space saver well . Witch will leave room for a little luggage have seen systems on the market for between £800 and £1200 just would like to know if any body has had it done.

Ok its a 1998 slk 230 there is room for a tank in the space saver well . Witch will leave room for a little luggage have seen systems on the market for between £800 and £1200 just would like to know if any body has had it done.

That cost must be getting close to over half the value of the car, unless it is in very good condition (your other post regarding fibreglass wings suggests not) and you intend to keep it for a long time then where is the advantage?

You will also lose your spare tyre?

Yes cost will be half yes my wings are a little rusty but my plan is to keep car for the rest off my days and plan on doing lots off miles hear and abroad the car has low miles so I plan to do it up . I also could put space saver on top off tank. To end this I really like this model off the mercedes range I know the metal they used was not good hence the question about fiberglass I am 60 this year and have always promised my self a 2 seater had a mgf too small sl too expensive slk perfect.

Good luck with your project!

Why not just buy replacement wings from MB and get them properly prepared, rust proofed and painted? Fibreglass, if available would be a nightmare to align and keep from crazing.

Last edited:
Yes should have mentioned I had a scimitar ss1 never looked right but I did like it again to small for me now I am disabled and have a mobility car a fiat 500L quite roomy and tall nice car but not a two seater will try and get a couple of wings thats all I need then the car will be spot on and will think aboutthe lpg thanksffor yourtime asked the right questions. Will make me think.

Also to bear in mind if planning a lot of trips abroad, Eurotunnel shuttle do not accept cars fitted with LPG systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom