SLK Maximum Wheel Sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulrichardson

Car
SLK 230
Hi there,

I wondered if anyone could tell me the maximum wheel/tyre size I can fit on my 2003 SLK without any other modifications?

Or alternatively, maybe there is a reference site where I could look?

Thanks for your help Guys,

Regards,

Paul.

P.S.
I might have a set of "standard" SLK alloys for sale soon if any one is interested.

I have 18inch Brabus on mine without mods though you can fit 19inch but the rear wheel arches will need rolling ...

If you go for larger alloys, u may want to think about a set of lowering springs all round else the car will look like its on stilts ...

Check my webpage for pics ...

Originally posted by mbzslk230k
I have 18inch Brabus on mine without mods though you can fit 19inch but the rear wheel arches will need rolling ...

If you go for larger alloys, u may want to think about a set of lowering springs all round else the car will look like its on stilts ...

Your Merc looks great with those Brabus Wheels, just what I'm after, bet they cost a packet.

To get mine started, Santa is bringing me (I hope) a Chromline Radiator Grill.

http://www.djh-online.de/

New wheels will follow next year ( hence my original Question).

Thanks Paul ... Brabus stuff tend to on the pricy side ...

Great website u posted - and lots of goodies ... those grilles look the biz ... tempted myself ...

Last edited:
My Grille arrived yesterday, I'll Post some pictures, when I've got it fitted.

I notice that you lowered the suspension, but how was it before, I mean were the 18" wheels ok.
Also, how much of a job is it changing the hoops.

Thanks,
David.

mbzslk230k said:

Hi,

I notice that you lowered the suspension, but how was it before, I mean were the 18" wheels ok.
Also, how much of a job is it changing the hoops.

Thanks,
David.

Std wheels were the 7 spoke 16 inch originals ... The 18inch fitted without any need for wheel arch mods ... I had to lower all the springs by 30mm when i upgraded to the 18inch cos the back really look funny without it - it just sat too high !

My roll hoops are in DESIGNO Yellowstone leather fitted by MB factory at time of ordering ...

Hope this helps ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom