Slk owners, replaced alloys?

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by HOLMESY, Jul 13, 2011.

1. HOLMESY

HOLMESY New Member

Car:
    SLK 200K
    As my SLK alloys are corroded and kerbed from a previous owner, I'm after a new set of wheels. They don't have to be original MB and they may be bigger in size. What are my fellow SLK owners running?

I've seen some from a company called calibre that look quite good. Kind of euro style/RS500 and they are wider at the rear. Check them out on wheelbase.

Any thoughts or pictures chaps?

2. Sp!ke

Sp!ke Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    SL500 & The Fart Car
    I would most certainly stick with something OEM, not just because they look better but also for insurance reasons.

Stick aftermarket wheels on your car and up goes your insurance policy. Fit dupgrade but standard equipment wheels on your SLk and you dont have that isue at all.

Have you considered gettiing your current wheels refurbed like new or dont you like the style?

3. pammy

pammy MB Club Veteran

Car:
    hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
    I run on 17" Adharaz - upgraded from 16" a goodly while ago. Deffo stick with OEM - anything else usually looks pants :crazy:

4. GP801

GP801 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2003 W209 CLK, 2005 R171 SLK in UK, 1995 S124 E280 in Italy