SLK R170 alarm not working?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikeymoo88

Car
SLK 230
Hi, I’ve recently bought an 02 SLK230 for a bit of fun and so far the car has disappointed. Unfortunately last night the car was broken via the passenger window. Fortunately there is no real damage apart from the window but my main concern is the alarm never triggered. I’ve been looking through forums and there are numerous posts about the PSE, fuse etc but I’m a bit miffed. The interior light doesn’t work (I understand this is linked to the PSE) but the central locking, roof etc work fine. I know the alarm works in the car is lifted but I’m unsure why the interior alarm never went off. Any ideas what the issue could be?

A dead alarm siren?

Around 8 to 10 years is the usual age that the batteries die.

A dead alarm siren?

Around 8 to 10 years is the usual age that the batteries
I thought that but the alarm will work if the car is lifted. I discovered this a few couple back when I got a flat and had to get towed to a safe area on the motorway to have it changed.

I thought that but the alarm will work if the car is lifted. I discovered this a few couple back when I got a flat and had to get towed to a safe area on the motorway to have it changed.
Interior movement sensors faulty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom