SLK R170 Window Switch Faulty?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TopMerques

Car
SLK200 - SLK230 - S320
I have a SLK200K which I bought that had received a trivial back end tap. I replaced the rear bumper and had the o/s rear panel repaired and it now looks good! The only problem is with the operation of the roof/windows.

When the roof is closed, all fits well and level, but when the roof is lowered everything functions like it should, but the motor keeps on running as long as I hold the red button, when I let go it stops and the bootlid raises a few mm's at the parcel shelf, then when driving the red switch flashes and beeps.

Now when I raise the roof everything seems to go ok until the roof meets the windscreen, again the motor keeps running as long as I hold the red button, but none of the windows go up! If I get out of the car and open the bootlid and give it a slam shut, then when I operate the red button it all works perfectly!

So I am assuming this is a minor fault that should be easy to rectify? Maybe an adjustment on a bracket somewhere, or a switch needs adjusting, possiblby out of alignment? But where do I start? I really need to know asap, as I plan to sell the car this summer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom