SLK R171 COMAND update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin10086

Car
SLK
I've just updated my Comand Navigation DVD from V3 to V8. All seems to have worked fine, performed a software update for a couple of minutes when the new disc was first installed. However I don't seem to be able to get ETA information which I thought was now available.

Looking around on the web it appears the Comand head unit may also require an update. Is this correct and is this a dealer only job or is an update disc available?

The disks cost next to nothing so you can do it yourself if you want.

Just check for it in the following -

MAP hardkey
Display softkey
Map softkey

Sorry not from memory no, would need to take a look at one and i'm at home.

I think they are up on Richard's site however, mercupgrades.com

Just done the same to a 05 SLK, same problem and the MB dealers don't seem to know how to get round it at the moment. Any numbers I can give them would help as it goes back next week for another problem/adjustment.

I'll bring the SLK (and nav processor) disks with me tommorow. We're pretty sure V8 has the nav processor update on it as we havent seen any issues so far

R

Unfortunately i have, getting read and insert DVD errors on some of them.

Fixed with the disk.

Received my update disk today, not bad service considering it wasn't a stock item.

Took 5 mins. to apply the update. I'm now able to select ETA as a display option and TMC was already working so I think I'm fully up to date. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom