SLK / R172 - Ed (Divine Detail)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Caonima

Car
SLK
I wanted to buy an enjoyable everyday driver. It needed to be fun and good on fuel. I ended up with an SLK. Fun? Very. Good on fuel? Not when it’s “fun”

I was lucky enough to find a mechanically perfect example with only 1 owner and a full service history. Every main dealer “suggestion” had been followed and the all important transmission fluid changes had been carried out.

Sadly, the paint was in poor condition. Actually, it was horrifically bad. It’s previous owner thought that taking it to the local hand car wash once a week was a good idea. Such is life.

While lurking on the forums, I saw Ed’s name mentioned a few times. I gave Ed a call and booked the car in.

Having used a few other detailers in the past, I know the score. Well, I thought I did. It turns out that Ed doesn’t lie, exaggerate, hard sell or act like he’s gods gift to car paint. He’s honest, easy to deal with and incredibly well priced. His quote was 50% cheaper than his “competition” and he didn’t call me halfway through the detail to upsell.

Anyway, here are the pictures. It really does look like a brand new car.

Oh and before I forget, Ed painted the stone chips and fixed the crack in the windscreen.

8123D7D8-455F-46F7-A041-A636A4AF52BC.jpeg

F24BCC65-202C-4DC6-97BA-E38DDE0EBAC3.jpeg
EF149604-3CBA-4FFF-837E-83340F9E970D.jpeg
D4706059-E77E-495D-8DD1-320B71404C3F.jpeg
57B7058B-68E3-4914-8328-4B6D1E96757D.jpeg

Sadly I wasn’t offered a discount for making this post. I found his details on the forum and was so impressed with the work that I thought posting about my experience was the right thing to do.

Any questions - just shout !

Looks lovely buddy , stunning job , money well spent I’m sure .
How did he fix the windscreen crack ? (Or do you mean chip ?)

Thanks! Sorry, I meant chip!
Cheers buddy , best you now get the car dirty with the roof down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom