Slk r172 tank to drain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sleezie

Car
Slk 200 amg roadster
I have to change the fuel filter on my 2012 Slk 200 AMG but the tank is full, can not use syphon as anti syphon fitted. If only it was like R171 with filter under car but this is located inside tank ( which is full to top). Any ideas for draining please?

Not wanting to be obvious.....but just leave it a while until its nearer empty!.....will be a lot less hassle than trying to drain it and getting fuel everywhere. A week or two wont make any difference.

Not wanting to be obvious.....but just leave it a while until its nearer empty!.....will be a lot less hassle than trying to drain it and getting fuel everywhere. A week or two wont make any difference.
It will not run as the fuel filter is blocked so have no option but to drain it. I am going to start crawling about underneath tomorrow as just leaving it unfortunately is not an option. Went out about 2 miles and barely got home.

Hmm.....never seen a fuel filter that blocked...interesting. You sure its that and not the pump? I've cut a few in half that were virtually solid with goo....none had any real effect on the running of the car. It must have been running really ruff for ages before it actually stopped.

Hmm.....never seen a fuel filter that blocked...interesting. You sure its that and not the pump? I've cut a few in half that were virtually solid with goo....none had any real effect on the running of the car. It must have been running really ruff for ages before it actually stopped.
Fuel filter is blocked . Had a low tank and ran out been stood nearly two years. Water molecules are bigger than petrol ones so block filter as well ss crap from bottom of tank. It ran fine for two miles after filling then stopped. Filter is prior to pump. There is sufficient pressure to pressurise system but insufficient to run car more than about 30mph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom