SLK roof problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billhudson

Car
slk 230
I recently bought my wife a 1999 SLK 230 K. Excellent condition with 90 K on it. As is the way of things the electric roof has been used quite a bit with no problems - until last week when it stuck (luckily in the roof up position). First thing I checked was the fluid level, which turned out to be below the minimum mark. After some research and much swearing I obtained the correct fluid and managed to top up the fluid. Unfortunately no luck there. When the switch is pushed forward to close the roof you can hear the pump operating (obviously nothing happens as the roof is already in position). When the switch is pushed back all is silent. The switch flashes correctly (or at least as it did before). I unplugged the relay switch on the side of the pump and that silenced the unit completely - suggesting that that relay is at least responsible for closing the roof. My question is - is there a second relay for the reverse operation and if so where is it located?
Any thoughts, suggestions or observations would be much appreciated - Many thanks.

Shame you have had no responses so I guess it must be sorted. Have you tried SLK World website as it is exclusive to the SLK.

Assuming there is a boot divider on that model, the switch could be flashing because the divider is not fully in place, or the switch that senses that is in place has failed?

Unfortunately not sorted yet but I will try SLK world as you suggest - many thanks for your help.

Unfortunately not sorted yet but I will try SLK world as you suggest - many thanks for your help.
hi i have same problem?, but knocked the swith broke red lens, fitted new one but lid wont open, can hear motor, so where is the fluid container?,thanks

thanks Gvanman very usefull!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom