SLK servicing - A and B difference

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 5443

Hi everybody,

I always got my 2001 SLK230 serviced once a year (due to low mileage).
Since starting a new job recently my mileage has gone up to 500miles per week or 24K/year.

I've waited until the ASSYST indicator came up which it just has.

Are the service intervals every year or 10k/year whichever comes earlier?

Also, what exactly is the difference between a B and an A service. Am I right in saying that the A is an oil and oil filter change, whereas the B is the same plus the pollen filter, air filter and wiper blades. I believe that a B service also carries out a lot more checks than an A. Is my understanding correct?

What is the going rate for a B service? Quotes I have obtained start from £265 inc. VAT (independent|) through to £329/342 from the stealerships.

Many thanks in advance.

bern

If you click on the link and enter your details it will tell you exactly what needs to be done.

Mercedes-Benz ESS

The B service is a lot more expensive than A as more is done. However if you supply your own oil you can save about £60+.

I've waited until the ASSYST indicator came up which it just has.

Are the service intervals every year or 10k/year whichever comes earlier?

It's just over 9K miles nominally but Assyst extends this depending on the car and the type of mileage. Our SLK seems to get up to 11 or 12K between services.

Also, what exactly is the difference between a B and an A service. Am I right in saying that the A is an oil and oil filter change, whereas the B is the same plus the pollen filter, air filter and wiper blades. I believe that a B service also carries out a lot more checks than an A. Is my understanding correct?
Yes.

What is the going rate for a B service? Quotes I have obtained start from £265 inc. VAT (independent|) through to £329/342 from the stealerships.

Many thanks in advance.

Sounds about right.

Thing to watch out for is dealer labour rates for extras like spark plugs and brakes. That can boost the basic cost up quite quickly.

The other thing to factor in is Mobilo - if you've been dealer servicing your car then it may be active (Ts & Cs are different depending on when car was bought). In which case the dealer servicing gets you free breakdown recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom