SLK Side Skirt Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WhitwellMike

Car
slk 230
Hi Chaps, I have removed the bolts and under side clips but the skirt seams to be attached underside at the jacking points. Two black circular bungs for want of a better description. How can I get it off.

Also I have some nasty photos of behind the front fender now that I have taken it off to do the old wheel arch rust renovation, will post the pics when I work out how.

I would recommend everyone with arch rust to look a bit deeper!

Thanks

Mike

Behind the Arches

DSCF2230.jpg

Guys if you have any rust in your arches, I strongly suggest you take the fenders off and take a look behind. This is the remains of a bracket which should hold the Fender, Bumper, and Headlight Fortunately the main structure has only surface rust. I will post more pics as I take the grinder to whats left and then weld in a new bracket. I will post pics of the wheel arch de-rust process as I do them. The arches are not that bad, hence why I urge you to look deeper if you have rust.

My bracket looks the same as yours, I'm currently in the process of this repair on mine, I totally agree with what you said about looking deeper if any sign of rust on outer arch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom