slk speed pulse line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dents

Car
slk200k
im fitting an alpine nav system and need to know where the speed pulse line is ,also while im at it where is the illumination wire and reversing wire?

technically if you unplug the headunit, the power etc part of the ISO plugs should have:

pin1: speed pulse

and

pin6: illumination

EDIT: you can pick up the reversing signal from the reverse bulb :)

Last edited:
Yeah, sounds right. I fitted a Pioneer unit to my old SLK, and spent ages trying to find out which wire was the speed pulse. In the end, just plugging in the ISO plug did the trick. A green/grey wire rings a bell, but it was a couple of years ago, so I could be wrong. I didn't bother with the reversing feed.

yeah its green / something i cant remember now and i only connected it yesterday, i havent bothered with the reverse either ,,.cant see the point in that.

actually it worked pretty good without the speed connected .,but its nice now that the illumination wire is connected as it was a bit dazzling at night.

as a matter of interest where did you route the cables ?

mines in the boot so i fed them through r/offside wing then back of drivers seat through the centre up into the dash.

well ive just got to sort out the mobile next ,(it was fitted when i bought the car and i havent got a clue where thats connected yet .
cheers

richard

Mine was a Pioneer all-in-one head unit, so I didn't really have any cables to run back, other than for the CD changer, which was mounted to the base of the boot, and the cable running down the side, along the door sill, then up behind the glove box and finally to the back of the head unit.

BTW, the sat nav will work fine without the speed pulse until you try it in a built up area (i.e. when you need it most!), at which point the close road intersections and fragmented gps signal will cause all sorts of confusion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom