SLK Temperament

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fyonn

Car
BMW 330d
Hiya folks,

not sure if this is just me being funny or a symptom of something but I thought I might as well ask.

My R170 SLK seems to have two quite different temperaments. Sometimes when I start it in the morning it seems ready and raring to go. just sticking it into reverse and it seems to zoom backwards on crawl.

But other days it just seems to be lazy like it can't be bothered and I feel I really have to rev it to get it to go anywhere. almost feels like there's another two people in the car or something (and I'm fairly sure there aren't ;) ).

I do get stages between these two extremes as well. I can't seem to relate this to different fuels or temperatures though.

am I just being silly, or is this the symptom of something?

thanks for any help.

dave

If the gearbox W orS mode is changed then the gear ratio's are changed for reverse

If the gearbox W orS mode is changed then the gear ratio's are changed for reverse

naah it's not that, the only time I put the gearbox in W is when I'm a steep slope and I don't want to roll back :)

besides, it's not only reverse when I notice it, also when going forward. the car just kinda feels different. when it's feeling racy it's great, when it's feeling lazy then it feels like I have to work it a bit just to get to work.

dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom