SLK washer jets not working properly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 5443

Hi everybody,

I've got a 2001 SLK230 and the 2 front windscreen washer jets are not working as I believe they should.

When activated, very little comes out of the passenger's side jet in both directions. The driver's side produces a good stream in one direction and not very much in the other direction.

Just wondered if anybody has any thoughts on where the problem may lie, and whether I can fix this myself?

Thanks,

bern

have you tried a pin in the nozzles to clear any blockages like dried crud?

Firstly check the jets are not blocked. Use a pin or fine needle to clear the opening

Re. the passenger's side, have tried the pin approach and also compressed air from a tyre inflator but neither has fixed the jet which is not supplying water. The other jet on the same fitting is working.

Fixed the driver's side by using a sewing need to correctly position both jets on that side. By inserting the pin into the small hole, you can lever the jet around until you get the correct position.

Most common in hard water areas as the scale builds up in the heated jets.
Usually keep persevering and clearing with a pin or I have used a bristle from a wire brush to rake around. Failing this take it off and put it in some mild acid like lemon juice and soak overnight. Or replace!
Don

Yup common problem. With our Audi I had to disconnect the pipe and give it a prod from the inside before I could get a proper flow. It helps that my hobby is r/c planes so I have both tempered steel piano wire and carbon firbre rod in all diameters from thickness of a hair to 4mm plus ... so able to match the bore of the nozzle :)

Thanks everybody.
I fancy taking it off and leaving it to soak overnight.
Do you how to remove the dual washer jet head without causing damage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom