Slk wind deflector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve333

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cls350cdi in palladium,C200k in tenorite,Slk320 in red.
My wife's new r171 slk came without a wind deflector and after searching there are two types,a clear Perspex one that fits between the headrests and a mesh one that spans the width of the car,from experience can anyone advise which works better or do they both work the same,many thanks for any help!

I have the mesh one, which I like because it is original on the car. It works "okay", not perfectly, but I'm quite tall. Also my car is an older model. It does reduce rearward clarity of vision though, particularly in the dark, but I don't really drive in the dark in summer.

I was not keen on the perspex one because normally they seem to have a massive star or some other writing on them and believe me, I need nothing to increase the "noticeability" of my car.

The mesh one is just my preference.

The mesh ones work fine, but give poor rearward visibility, particularly at night.

The mesh ones work fine, but give poor rearward visibility, particularly at night.

Hi Peter,that's what I thought,seems the clear Perspex one can be left in place without hindering rear visibility but wondered if it gave the same level of protection as the mesh one as it is smaller only fitting between the headrests-thanks for your thoughts!

The perspex one is much better in my opinion. Just leave it in all the time. Only thing negative is that the Comand screen reflects in it in certain light conditions.It does the job of reducing wind buffeting just fine.

Thanks for the feedback-Perspex one it is then!

The perspex one is much better in my opinion. Just leave it in all the time. Only thing negative is that the Comand screen reflects in it in certain light conditions.
^ Matches my experience exactly.

Try to source a genuine Mercedes part as it includes mesh sections that sit in and around the rollover hoops (difficult to explain, but obvious when you see it). In all respects it performed better than the mesh one.

If I'd realised how much they're going for (circa £300 on the bay of dreams) I would have removed the one that was on Angie's SLK when we traded it in last month and sold it separately :(

Try to source a genuine Mercedes part .....(

Yes, definitely get the merc original perspex as it fits perfectly, no straps - just three sections which interlock.

You may find them on the German ebay site, going for a bit less than the UK site - and carriage is very reasonable thus making them a good buy.

Thanks for all the feedback,will get the Perspex mo one!

Hi. We have sort of two small fold out wind deflectors on our new SLC. They sit behind the headrest and fold out but don't meet by any means. You might be able to get these from Mercedes as an alternative?

Just found an original 3 piece and bag on the German site and bought it for £225-thanks for the heads up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom