SLK wind deflector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barryh

Car
slk350 with airscarf plus E280CDI Sport Est
Has anyone got or tried the perspect version?
Pricey but is it worth it?

Not done it on the SLK but I did on my MGF and it made a big difference in so many ways - but the main thingk is there were no gaps it was full width and it was glass. I'm not sure about the fact the SLK ones only fit between the rollover hoops and that they're perspex :confused: :rolleyes:

I recently purchased the perspex one for our R171 SLK and it's great - what's the point of having a roof that goes down in 20 seconds, if you then have to spend a minute attaching the fabric deflector?

The only two comments I'd make are:

1. At motorway speed it flexes alarmingly (although is silent and has no signs of stress)
2. In the night, you can see the dials in it if you look at the right angle.

Regards,

Alex

what's the point of having a roof that goes down in 20 seconds, if you then have to spend a minute attaching the fabric deflector?

I just leave it on all the time :confused:

Without a shadow of doubt the OEM one is worth its weight in gold. Pricey?, yes but well worth it.

Portzy.

Agree with that, 100%. The OEM one comes off in 5 seconds, doesn't rattle or flex, works and doesn't block vision. Go for it.

I used one that I bought from Germany on ebay. It worked really well and was a fraction of the cost of the OE item. A company called D-flect. Just had a look and does not seem to be currentley listed.:mad:

Same here when I had the 320.

And so did I with my 320 :) I live in London and found the fabric deflector included with the new SLK made it very difficult to see any sort of a clear view in the rear-view mirror when there were other cars around.

That, combined with the lack of opportunity to lower the roof without fear of being stabbed/shot/car-jacked/spat on etc. meant that the fabric version was quickly relegated to the boot.

The perspex one is great - been on since the day I got it!

If anyone's interested, I have a genuine MB wind deflector for the latest SL.

As with the SL 'shelf bag' I'm open to sensible offers before it goes onto a certain well know auction site ;)

I just bought what is claimed to be a genuine MB slk r171 perspex wind deflector. There are a few on eBay. All around the £200 plus mark. Anyone know if these are after market copies ??

Attachments

• Wind deflector.jpg
    Wind deflector.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 76
Looks like the real thing:) Does it fit properly?

Havent got it yet Colin. Should be here tomorrow I will post the results . £225

Thats the genuine article. We got ours off ebay from Germany. Really good. Leave it on all the time but the dials and audio do reflect in it at certain angles.

Wind deflector arrived today. Seller replaced it as the courier lost the first one. Its immaculate I doubt its ever been used. Fits easily and looks great. Had the roof down today as it was sunny. Air scarf on and at 60 the wind didnt even ruffle my hair. Well pleased Would recommend the ebay seller to anyone

I got mine off eBay money well spent. Small word of advice, sell it separately if you sell your slk, you should get your money back. I did.

I got mine off eBay money well spent. Small word of advice, sell it separately if you sell your slk, you should get your money back. I did.

Yes I will. I am getting rid of my MX5 in May I have already sold all the bits I bought for it Boot rack and wind defletor etc

Looks like the real thing:) Does it fit properly?

At last Colin a couple of pictures. It fits perfectly and very quickly

Attachments

• wind deflector1.jpg
    wind deflector1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 58
  • wind deflector 2.jpg
    wind deflector 2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom