SLK with Alpine AV system handbrake wire needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikeeee30

Hi,

I have installed the Alpine D300 AV system with an ipod interface in my SLK (1999). All went very well apart from the fact that I can't find the handbrake cable to splice into, to enable DVD playback whilst stationary.

Can somebody please tell me where I might find this and how to identify it. I have searched the net and can find no help anywhere!!

Thanks in advance for any help

Mike

Mikeeee30 said:
Hi,

I have installed the Alpine D300 AV system with an ipod interface in my SLK (1999). All went very well apart from the fact that I can't find the handbrake cable to splice into, to enable DVD playback whilst stationary.

Can somebody please tell me where I might find this and how to identify it. I have searched the net and can find no help anywhere!!

Thanks in advance for any help

Mike

That wire goes to ground. Attaching it to the handbrake as such is a fruitless exercise.

miro said:
That wire goes to ground. Attaching it to the handbrake as such is a fruitless exercise.
Other than if you get busted for it!

Although i'd be tempted to ground it myself. ;)

Will

Will said:
Other than if you get busted for it!

Although i'd be tempted to ground it myself. ;)

Will

I think there are a plethora or laws aimed at making drivers better and do in fact serve that purpose. If a person is unable to own an entertainment system and needs self regulation by self prohibition then it really begs the question as the true purpose of the handbrake wire.

I for one dont see it as a hurdle or barrier of any kind to have or not have video in motion. At the end of the day I dont want to hurt anyone.

I take it that there is a MOT component to this and thus I am unaware of enforceable compliance issues but getting back to the OP ... no idea im afraid.

I would have thought there is a switch on the mechanism, good luck hunting! This will go to ground as said above, but due respect for installing it correctly!

miro said:

Good move! As this will let you watch films while moving and probably leave you uninsured :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom