SLK200 dashboard mark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pricega1

Car
2014 SLK 200
I have an SLK200 on an 05 plate that has a mark on the dash. The dash finish is like a coarse suede effect so i don't wan't to rub it too hard with anything in case it damages the finish. What would you guys recommend I clean it with?

I have an SLK200 on an 05 plate that has a mark on the dash. The dash finish is like a coarse suede effect so i don't wan't to rub it too hard with anything in case it damages the finish. What would you guys recommend I clean it with?

I'm guessing that it is finger or hand marks?

A few things that you can try. First is get some electricians insulating tape, not the old fashioned stuff get the vynil type, and place it over the marks sticky side down. Rub the tape so the sticky part gets well down into the the indentations of the dash then peel it back. This should lift most if not all of the marks out.

Second, if the foregoing does not work completely try some lint and alcohol free hand wipes.

Third, if the foregoing does not work completely, MB sell purpose made dash/cockpit cleaner, just follow the instructions.

Fourth, your car will have been supplied with a special microfibre towel in a DVD case? If its gone awol then get a new one from your local dealers, again just follow the instructions.

I've had marks in the past and a mixture of the above has cured them all. I just tell people to keep their hands off now, or else!!!

Regards,
Portzy.

No it's not a finger mark, it's a greyish blemish that was there after the car went into Mercedes to have the Autochanger in the glovebox looked at. The mark is on the glovebox lid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom