SLK200 - Written off :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a heads up for anyone looking for an SLK200.

I've just been told it's up for sale having been repaired and the trader who bought it has failed to mention in the ad that it's Cat S. I couldn't remember if they said it was on Ebay or autotrader but it's been sold from Christchurch, Dorset.

So were you the ...

" MATURE LADY BARRISTER (who) GARAGED THIS MERCEDES EVERY NIGHT. "

Reactions: Nat
If I have contacted the correct seller, I have recieved the following reply when querying the ccolour of the interior, service history, paintwork:

MORNING. 1. LIGHT COLOUR. 2. DURING ITS LIFETIME I WOULD EXPECT IT TOO HAVE HAD SOME PAINTWORK. 3. I AM A RETIRED MOTOR DEALER AND TOOK THE CAR FROM A MERCEDES DEALERSHIP. 4. ALL ORGINAL HANDBOOKS. 9 STAMPS IN BOOK ONLY 4 MERCEDES STAMPS. THANKYOU. TERENCE

MERCEDES SLK 200. CONVERTIBLE. FULL SERVICE HISTORY. OUTSTANDING CONDITION. | eBay

That's the one!

So were you the ...

" MATURE LADY BARRISTER (who) GARAGED THIS MERCEDES EVERY NIGHT. "

It was never garaged and in my name and not my wifes and it certainly never came to him from a Merc main dealer. Very naughty that someone will end up with a Cat S car at full money when it should be declared. Hope whoever does go to buy it hpi's it first.

Another mail has been sent, seeking clarification on a couple of points, namely 'my' hpi check results ;). Lets see what story he churns out this time!

I see he's now edited to add this -

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
Last updated on 17 Jul, 2018 08:54:41 BST -
DURING ITS LIFETIME IT HAS BEEN SUBJECT TO A INSURANCE CLAIM WHICH WAS A NEW DRIVERS DOOR.

He was a decent enough guy to deal with when I sold it to him. At least he's changed the wording to the above so it's basically "buyer be aware" I thought it was naughty for not declaring it in the first place.

Abb, did you pull him up on it been listed as Cat S?

I see he's now edited to add this -

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
Last updated on 17 Jul, 2018 08:54:41 BST -
DURING ITS LIFETIME IT HAS BEEN SUBJECT TO A INSURANCE CLAIM WHICH WAS A NEW DRIVERS DOOR.
Abb, did you pull him up on it been listed as Cat S?

That I did. I sent this message this morning (below), funnily enough I have had no reply, although the ad has been edited as you have noticed! ;)
As you state, hopefully some prospective buyer will go in with the facts......almost.

Good morning Terence

Thank you for taking the time to reply and clarify my queries. Would you be so kind to provide me which MB dealership supplied you the car, so I can clarify with them the extent of the damage it had sustained and subsequent repairs they carried out.
A a result of my checks with HPi, VOSA, etc, the car is registered as a CAT S and the previous keeper a gentleman, so I am not only at a loss how this differs so much from the information you have and subsequently provided me (for which I am very gratetful) I would appreciate your thoughts?

Fair play to you Abb :cool:

Somebody should post the registration, so that if a seller Googles it this thread will come up. The ad includes several downright lies, so Terence is not a man I'd buy a car from, I'm afraid. Would somebody post his full name also for a Google search? (I can't find the car, or I'd do so myself).

Reactions: Abb
Somebody should post the registration, so that if a seller Googles it this thread will come up. The ad includes several downright lies, so Terence is not a man I'd buy a car from, I'm afraid. Would somebody post his full name also for a Google search? (I can't find the car, or I'd do so myself).
Let's not get into a witch hunt eh?

All the details are in post #40

Missed that; thank you. So the registration is LN 05 OVU. It may have been perfectly well repaired, but I still wouldn't buy it from him.

Let's not get into a witch hunt eh?
It's not a witch hunt, it's a respect for the truth, which he does not appear to have. Retired motor trader, eh? Old habits die hard...

It's not a witch hunt if the seller is going out of his way to lie to the public about the cars history. If he genuinely does not know it's history he should research it or others will do it for him.

The more (true) history about the car that is out in the public domain (the internet) the better.

It's not a witch hunt if the seller is going out of his way to lie to the public about the cars history. If he genuinely does not know it's history he should research it or others will do it for him.

The more (true) history about the car that is out in the public domain (the internet) the better.

Agreed, although I am pleased he has edited the ad which now states it had a claim against it. I'd hate to buy a car knowing the seller knows it's on the hit list and the buyer trusts them enough not to check it.

Terence was the guy who bought it directly from me. If it's a case of mistaken identity my CCTV recording will show exactly who it was that bought it (it holds 24 months of recordings). Car was in my name. I'm definitely male. Car has never been garaged in the 2 1/2 years or so it was owned and driven by us. Like I said earlier he seemed a decent enough guy to deal with at the time when he bought it then low loaded it away.

I was recently told it was up for sale then a bit pi55ed off when it didn't mention it was Cat S as he clearly knew it was. He did say he'd done a check before travelling up for it, which at the time might show it as HPI clear as the claim hadn't been finalised. I'm not interested how much profit he makes out of the car (I was happy with the price it sold for) but clearly a Cat S is/or should be less value than a non recorded car accident free car. Whatever the new owners pays for it, is down to them to agree especially now it does say it has had an Ins claim made against it

The car was deemed a write off due to a £5k (possibly more as rear wheels were different gaps either side of the rear quarters/bumpers) repair bill. A door plus paint and labour does not cost £5k. Oh and it didn't have that AMG badge - as in his advert on the boot either as it's a 200. It drove ok for the 80 miles or so I drove it afterwards.

I'll post a picture up of it with the damage but will blank in the plate as LN05OVU was on a private plate then.

yFxqk1t.jpg

ZbkKpbe.jpg

Missed that; thank you. So the registration is LN 05 OVU. It may have been perfectly well repaired, but I still wouldn't buy it from him.

It's not a witch hunt, it's a respect for the truth, which he does not appear to have. Retired motor trader, eh? Old habits die hard...

It is a witch hunt if you are going to repeatedly post the details to push it to the top of google's rankings.

The ad itself rings a bell. He mentions the insurance claim and change of drivers door but doesn't provide a photo of the right hand side at all. Because of the amount of monies he is asking for it he deserves a witch hunt tbh and I find his car description deceitful.

It's quite simply fraud! Not only did he fail to mention the fact that it had been subject to an insurance claim, which he was fully aware of (but may of being HPi clear at the time of the check) he goes ones step further and blatantly lies about where he purchased it from, who the previous owner was, where it was kept during 'her' ownership etc. It' one thing selling a car which turns out to have hidden faults but it's a complete different ball game when you are actively being deceitful.
An absolute degenerate in my eyes and I sincerely hope he gets caught out, via here, google, eBay or anywhere else for that matter! To try and defend his actions or fight his corner.........simply bizarre!

It's quite simply fraud! Not only did he fail to mention the fact that it had been subject to an insurance claim, which he was fully aware of (but may of being HPi clear at the time of the check) he goes ones step further and blatantly lies about where he purchased it from, who the previous owner was, where it was kept during 'her' ownership etc. It' one thing selling a car which turns out to have hidden faults but it's a complete different ball game when you are actively being deceitful.
An absolute degenerate in my eyes and I sincerely hope he gets caught out, via here, google, eBay or anywhere else for that matter! To try and defend his actions or fight his corner.........simply bizarre!
Who is doing that then?

... thinking i knew better and was one step ahead, nothing has changed.

Ring any bells?

Do you, then, consider no attempt should be made to prevent this lying fellow selling somebody a pig in a poke? Your definition of 'witch hunt' is not mine, nor it would seem that of anyone but yourself. Don't be deliberately obtuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom