SLK230: All mouth and no trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonl

Car
SLK230
Hi all,

I don't know if it's me but lately, when i kick down at anything above say 40/50, my car seems to go thru the motions of trying to accelerate but then not actually doing a very good job of it. Drops down a gear, high revs, but not much acceleration.

I've just had a new air filter fitted. It was B-serviced a couple of months ago.

Any advice/opinions appreciated.

Cheers,
simon

simonl said:
Hi all,

I don't know if it's me but lately, when i kick down at anything above say 40/50, my car seems to go thru the motions of trying to accelerate but then not actually doing a very good job of it. Drops down a gear, high revs, but not much acceleration.

I've just had a new air filter fitted. It was B-serviced a couple of months ago.

Any advice/opinions appreciated.

Cheers,
simon

Dare I say MAF?

simonl said:
I've just had a new air filter fitted.

This would also arouse suspicion to me. Possible that disturbed dust/debris has found its way towards your MAF/MAS folowing the filter renewal?

Good luck getting it fixed :)

Will

Si,

You don't work at the Alba Campus by any chance do you? If not, your car has a twin...

Brett

Brett said:
Si,

You don't work at the Alba Campus by any chance do you? If not, your car has a twin...

Brett

omg small world. yip. that's me. i work for cadence. who do you work for? which building are you in?

EDIT: ok, just read your car list. i saw your green black s-class pull into the car park yesterday. (v nice btw) do you work upstairs?

si

Last edited:
simonl said:
omg small world. yip. that's me. i work for cadence. who do you work for? which building are you in?

EDIT: ok, just read your car list. i saw your green black s-class pull into the car park yesterday. (v nice btw) do you work upstairs?

si

Sorry been away - yep that's me. I am upstairs indeed. I'll say hello next time I'm in the office if your car is about.

car went in the garage yesterday. there were a few faults that got reset and it's running as it should this morning. the likely offending part is the camshaft position sensor. but at £75 for the part i'll see how i get on first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom