SLK250 CDI DTUK Map

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Guys,

The system is similar to the CRDT system in terms of application but it also monitors engine timing through a 3rd connection and runs our software.

The system is fully undetectable.

Hope that helps,

Hi elbarry, sorry to hear your are not having much luck with CRD-T. For me the stable configurations are map 1+1, map 2+0 and map 4+1. My preference is now for map 2+0. i have tried to get the car on the dyno, however Mercs are some of the worse cars for trying to dyno and the results have been inconclusive. The chaps that tried to get it dynoed simply couldn't do it!!

Don't wish to jinx this but removed the boost and just run it on fuel connection...success.
Pretty much fine on map 2 with huge increase in torque and pull. Consumption way better too according to obc.
Fingers crossed I get no limp mode as this has transformed the enjoyment of driving the car.
Nice run to Birmingham and back tmrw so this should confirm if it's here to stay with no limp mode.

As said by a previous poster earlier, I reckon the boost is what maybe causes the issue. Maybe the 250 is sitting pretty much at the high end of boost capacity, with just the slightest increase tripping into limp mode.
I'm no expert but it seems more than coincidence that once the boost connection was removed the car runs sweet with no limp mode.
Time will tell but even DTUK recommended that I remove the boost connection and just use the common rail connection ......coincidence..!

The boost on a 250 is horrible with surging on gearbox upshifts. I suspect the map does cause overboost.

Agreed, now runs much nicer with than without. Much smoother and quicker through the box too plus a huge grin for free.
I would recommend saving some pennies if anyone is thinking of one of these and just go for the stage 1 unit with no boost connection, just common rail.
Dtuk stated that i should see the same gains as the unit with no boost.
I would doubt the stage 2 with boost unit gives much more noticeable increases other than frequent limp mode headaches and constant tweeking...! It would seem that most users of the stage 2 are turning the boost down to avoid limp mode.

Doesn't seem right that the system can run without monitoring boost too.

Glad you guys found a solution though.

If I can help just drop me an email or give me a call.

Cheers,

As posted before had one of these fitted to my E90 BMW and no matter what settings it always put the engine in limp mode plus numerous error codes , sent it back for refund . Had the BMW remapped for very little extra dosh plus rolling road test before and after, would never ever have a Tuning Box again :rock:

Hi Richard you are probably right about the hassle factor but i guess its the thrill of finding the limit. I take it you no longer use the box on your CLS350?

I also sent mine back for a refund. On the 350 it took several cold starts to clear the error which was a real pain.

At the end of the day monitoring boost and rail pressure, you are still missing out on so much more on these ECU's which a remap will release.

A recalibration done correctly will always be better than a fooling on the sensor side of the ecu.

Don't trust in any brand of chiptuning when talking about the 250cdi!!!

Let's see..

Imagine a tuningbox like dtuk or other with 2 or 3 channel. Yes they increase boost, but the turbos installed in the 250cdi don't produce miracles. You just can increase 0,1bar to the max boost pressure! And what about rail pressure? The max increase possible in rail pressure is 7,5%-10%. No wonder those several limp mode. So in practice how many bhp are possible to add? No more than 10bhp... Me and a group of friends tested some tuningbox and the results were similar... For example the DTUK box gave those 10bhp and 20Nm!!!

And what about remap? The scenario is better but not so much... Max gain in power is around 20hp... I would say that 220bhp and 530Nm are the max values possible in a 250cdi for the car to drive without problems.

I just laugh when i read 250bhp or 600Nm!!! This is completely impossible!!!!!!! The hardware (ecu/sensors/...) is too sensitive. Even if you know the limiters hidden in software, sooner or later some sensor will "cry" and you will have a safe mode or limp mode!

And if someone when claims 250bhp ask for the dyno test before/after tuning!! What will be the brands answer? "sorry we don't have dyno test"!!! and why? because the values they offer are completely impossible!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom