SLK280 171 with CAN bus faults Not starting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Handyandy101

Car
SLK280
Good morning all.
I am new to this forum.
I am working on a SLK280 171 MY2009 that won't start. Any advice would be appreciated.
Diagnostics is telling me:
9036-The input of terminal 61 is not OK
9102-Fault in CAN Communication with the control Module "Motor Electronics"
9204-Control Module "ASSYST" is not receiving any messages from the engine compartment CAN Bus
Car has been standing a long time, battery was flat, did run after being jump started I believe.
With a new battery and good voltages it won't start.
Dead rodent found in engine bay beneath fuse box but no nibbled wires seen yet.
Checked all fuses on all 3 fuse boxes which were ok.
Some evidence of moisture on fuse 52-15A (starter circuit) and no power on it with ignition on.
Without seeing a wiring diagram I'm not sure if this should have power all the time or just when other conditions are met.
Has anyone had a similar issue before?
Any advice on the location of modules and connectors to check and a wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Andrew

Which control unit(s) is/are those errors coming from ? Theres about 50 circuit diagrams for your car, one for each control unit, and then stuff like fusebox wiring diagrams, battery/generator etc etc.

Theres 4 fuseboxes .... But if anything in the 4th fusebox (front pre-fusebox) has failed you need to know exactly why before replacing a fuse there.

Terminal 61 is alternator related.

Cheers

Richard

Which control unit(s) is/are those errors coming from ? Theres about 50 circuit diagrams for your car, one for each control unit, and then stuff like fusebox wiring diagrams, battery/generator etc etc.

Theres 4 fuseboxes .... But if anything in the 4th fusebox (front pre-fusebox) has failed you need to know exactly why before replacing a fuse there.

Terminal 61 is alternator related.

Cheers

Richard
Thanks for your reply Richard
1. IC-Instrument cluster
8. SAM-F-Signal acquisition and actuation module front
14. SCM(MRM)-Steering column module

When i checked what I thought was the front pre-fusebox I had 12V on each output. It is a very simple distribution block. Not like some of the videos I've seen on faultfinding videos online.
I think i'll invest in the workshop manuals from emanualonline.

I appreciate the advice!
Keep Well
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom