SLK32 AMG intercooler pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjoshyuk

Car
2003 W211 E55 AMG & 2002 SLK32 AMG
I am just replaced my SLK230K with a SLK32 AMG (2002). I knew when I bought it when you put your foot down the supercharger disengages.

I was going to try replacing the fuse before buying a new intercooler pump. What size fuse do I need and which one do I replace in fuse box

its not the fuse, check the pump is a runner, even if it is it may not be 100% so probably requires a new pump, very common issue on the supercharged cars.

+1 doubt its the fuse, most probably the pump is goosed very common as mentioned.

Mine went recently with the normal lack of power after a few little runs. New CM30 pump and its all sorted.

I would be inclined to fit the uprated Johnson pump. I have one left in stock at £175. Its cheaper than the MB one IIRC.

Not 100% on the SLK but the C32's it is fuse 5 on the rear SAM, there is also a relay which from memory is in slot C its adjacent to fuse 5. I can check on WIS though to confirm.

Hi

Is this the same or better than the AVT bosch intercooler pump I keep reading about

I would be inclined to fit the uprated Johnson pump. I have one left in stock at £175. Its cheaper than the MB one IIRC.

Hi

Is this the same or better than the AVT bosch intercooler pump I keep reading about

I've never seen a Johnson pump fail. I've seen a Bosch one fail though.

UPDATE

I went to my MB dealer and they gave me a 7.5amp fuse, changed it over with 5amp this morning and its fixed. 100 miles and £40 petrol, all is well

Thanks all for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom