slk32 size of the brake discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monstersheep

Car
slk32
When I took my slk32 in for a service at Mercedes, and they stated the brake pads and discs to the front and back will need replacing shortly. They quoted £850 to sort them out :eek:, it's what I expect from the stealership.
So I looked into getting brakes from another manufacturer, and sorting them out myself.
EBC do discs, but they insist the front discs are 300mm dia, but the technical info state they are 335mm dia. I email EBC, and their reply was "our technical department has it wrong, please measure the dia of the disks, take out the pads, draw around them, add all dimensions and email the info back to us and we will see what we can do".
Surely I'm not the first one to fit EBC brakes to a SLK32!!

I looked into getting parts from overseas, but the sizes varied again.

Is there anyone out there who would recommend front and rear disc and pads (inc handbrake shoes) which will fit a SLK32? And the best place to buy them from.

Cheers.:)

Try Franey on here, he's your disc man

Ask the dealer for a quote for parts only. Then ask for a discount. Then look at www.slk32.com to get their guide to fitting, and decide if you fancy doing it yourself.

Two years ago the SLK32 discs were about £45 plus VAT each from a dealer.

The SLK32 discs were 334mm from a W210 E-Class if I recall correctly, and not an AMG specific part.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Genuine discs are only £62.94 each fro inchcape, pads from inchcape are stupidly expensive though at £132.19
I can't get the discs but can do the pads (Ferdinand Bilstein) at £49 +£5 delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom