SLK32

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supracat

SUPPORTER
Car
SL55 AMG
Hi. I’m looking for an SLK32 for my wife. Needs to be black with a good spec and good history. Will happily consider one with the usual rust areas as a good friend of mine is well versed with these cars and is able to tackle the rusty arches etc.

thanks for looking.
Doug

Shame you specify black, as I know a mechanically perfect one in slightly blue silver - but it's near J26 M25 (Essex) so a long way from you!IMG_1229.JPG

Attachments

• WDB1704652F204330.pdf
    13.9 KB · Views: 16
Hi. I’m looking for an SLK32 for my wife. Needs to be black with a good spec and good history. Will happily consider one with the usual rust areas as a good friend of mine is well versed with these cars and is able to tackle the rusty arches etc.

thanks for looking.
Doug

Tell me more about this mate who can tackle rusty arches! My wife's R171 is bubbling well at the leading edges on both arches (does not seem to have gone through as yet), but new wings are well over £300 each! :oops:

Tell me more about this mate who can tackle rusty arches! My wife's R171 is bubbling well at the leading edges on both arches (does not seem to have gone through as yet), but new wings are well over £300 each! :oops:

I know, not sure why he's a glutton for punishment, but seems to know his stuff, so I just let him do his thing and enjoy the results.

I know, not sure why he's a glutton for punishment, but seems to know his stuff, so I just let him do his thing and enjoy the results.

Could you PM me his details please and mention that I'll be in touch? Stirling is not too bad from Preston. Thanks

Not sure on the mileage of my friend's X reg, but it's considerably cheaper than that one - and pretty certain it's mechanically perfect and a much easier colour to keep looking good than black! Also has an interesting history as first owner was James Dyson's chief engineer whose name is on many Dyson patents, and my friend is the second owner and only selling as his wife's back problem has deteriorated so she can no longer drive it.

Chris, is your friends SLK a 32 though ? I'm not sure it is looking at the photo ...........

Chris, is your friends SLK a 32 though ? I'm not sure it is looking at the photo ...........

Click on the pdf attached to my post, it's the build data sheet - it is an SLK320 - not sure what the difference between a 32 and a 320 is!

Click on the pdf attached to my post, it's the build data sheet - it is an SLK320 - not sure what the difference between a 32 and a 320 is!
Chris, the 32 is a different animal altogether, but mainly the engine. AMG took the M112 from the 320 and altered the crankshaft, camshafts, valve springs, balance shaft, conrods and pistons, amongst other things. Add on a supercharger sitting in the 'V' and the 32 produces around 60% more power at about 350bhp. The downside was, there was never a manual gearbox because it produced too much torque, so a V8 box was used with speedshift.
A completely new exhaust system was added, and you've got yourself a little pocket rocket !

Thank the lord I bought a 280, wife is itching to drive it, 350 horses under her right foot would frighten the living daylights out of me!! I first wanted an SLK55, but she vetoe'd that idea saying it was too powerful/fast, she gets twitchy when I put my foot down a bit in the 280 - and I've yet to floor it and really blow the cobwebs out of the exhaust!

Thanks for the detailed explanation - suspect the OP will appreciate it as well!

Cheers mate - got the very car! - top seller.
Nice one Doug :)
Is that you who's just joined SLK World too ?
A really good forum for a dedicated model, with a wealth of knowledge from its members.

Welcome to the mad world of 32 :thumb:

Nice one Doug :)
Is that you who's just joined SLK World too ?
A really good forum for a dedicated model, with a wealth of knowledge from its members.

Welcome to the mad world of 32 :thumb:

:DThank you, yes, just joined SLK world too. The SLK32 I've bought off here from Gavin is top notch and a real credit. I cant thank Gavin enough for keeping the car in such amazing condition. Cant wait for the better weather to get her out- a bit more relaxing than my modified SL55

Could you PM me his details please and mention that I'll be in touch? Stirling is not too bad from Preston. Thanks

@Supracat - You manage to take a look at this please? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom