SLK320 weird throttle fault!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LINDS HANSON

Car
190 Evo 1, 190 sportline plus,300te sportline
Hi can anyone throw any light on this fault? The car is a 2000my SLK 320 manual, if you start the car normally at any time the throttle doesnt function, full throttle just manages to lift the revs up to about 1800RPM, I have read the fault codes and get a code for faulty throttle actuator or mixed up wiring. This is the weird bit if you quickly turn off the ignition and then back on without stopping the engine the throttle works fine until the engine is stopped again. Then its back to not operating the actuator? I have fitted a new genuine throttle potentiometre, throttle body checked continuity on all wiring to and from ECU, throttle pedal and actuator, I tried to fit a new control unit but coudnt code in due to the car being manual transmission, The coding procedure was looking for communication with auto transmission. I have checked all earths etc. The live readings from throttle pedal are OK with fault present but the actuator readings do not change with pedal movement, once the ignition on /off is done then both readings are to spec. Please advise if you have any further ideas? Thanks

Can anyone recomend a good ECU test repair company other than BBA?

hi can you give me the the fault code numbers il check them out does the car only rev 2 1500 at idle ?does rev up on the road ok.
check the camshaft magnet for leaking oil into the engine loom
is the airmass metre ok ?

The car will only rev to 1500rpm staitionary or moving until the throttle is flicked off and then back on without letting the engine stop, then the throttle works perfectly until the ignition is turned off. The fault then reoccurs

Sorry just reread my post its the ignition that as to be flicked off and then back on to enable the throttle to work correctly

can you get the fault code ?
have you tried an airmass metre ? is the exhaust blocked which could be stopping yuou from reving up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom