SLK350 Soundtrack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Thought I'd share a short clip of my better half's SLK350 being "wound on" during our recent trip to the south of France. No loony fast driving, just me playing with the throttle and the gearbox to make a nice noise :) That V6 does sound sweet at 7,500rpm :rock:

Sounds great,looks like you were having a ball.french roads are great,just came back from Antibes on my bike.Loved all the tunnels in the french alps.Taking car next time to share the driving.

The tunnel was fun. Unfortunately, we came upon the car you can see as we exited just ahead of us as we entered the tunnel, so I had to creep along to allow enough of a gap to open up so I could (briefly) gun it while still in there. Spoiled my fun a bit, but as Angie says on the clip "I bet he enjoyed that!" :D

It was an interesting trip to make because it was the first time I'd driven in continental Europe on 4 wheels in a RHD car for a road trip. I've driven a car there many times on a "get from A to B" basis, and have ridden somewhere in the region of 40,000 miles on motorcyle holidays over there but this was the first ever trip I'd done in a car just for the fun of driving. I concluded that it's still great fun - and the SLK was eminently more practical than the bike in many ways - but the decreased visibility that a RHD car causes means that it's much more difficult to make progress on all but the most open single carriageway roads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom