SLK350 to 55 conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stereophoney

Car
SLK32, Clio Diesel
MERCEDES SLK 55 AMG FACELIFT MODEL | eBay

Started as a 350 but had everything transplanted from a 55, and it's in the same price range that a genuine 55 would be. How much is it actually worth? Even if it was £10k, that would still seem expensive to me, but maybe i'm being too harsh?!

Has to be worth significantly less than a proper SLK55. A modified SLK350 (which this is) will almost certainly be more expensive to insure, for a start. Looks to be sitting a bit high in the side-on pics. ... I assume there are suspension differences between a 350 and a 55 but no mention of changing those parts over, possibly because they were damaged on the Cat D donor car? Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole myself!

It’s parked half up a kerb so suspension could well be okay, but as said when a straight one can be bought for £10k why bother?

Golden rule from years back - why try and build a car that already exists? If he’d shoehorned a ‘55K engine in though...:cool:

Imagine trying to sell it sometime in the future.

It's a no from me.

All that effort and they can't get the bloody badges in the right position!

Every time

Stupid sod. Did it never occur to him to see what genuine SLK55s sell for before setting his price?

Very brave pricing. Not something I would ever be interested in, personally!

Interior seems to be a mixture of two cars as well. Why bother?

Good luck to him, and if it was a labour of love, fine, but if he did it to try to make a profit, I think he's unlikely to make much, unless he got both donor cars very cheaply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom