SLK55 AMG - PCS Res Delete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzedUP

MB Enthusiast
Car
NA
Well I wanted to release some more V8 noise without having to remove the CATs, so after a quick online searches I decided to go for a simple resonator delete however I wasn't sure weather to go for an X pipe or H pipe.

Again I did a quick online search and found for the SLK55, the X design is more efficient even though the H will sound better (louder) more like a 60s muscle car, the X will sound quitter in comparison but likely to keep the back pressure and gain some top end HP.

So I went to Olly @ PCS for a custom made X pipe.

Anyway I can't be bothered to right a long essay so I'll let some pictures/videos do the talking.

Before:

After:

Quality check video:
http://youtu.be/tN_jj8DJzlU

As expected from the PCS boys & Olly, the quality & attention to detail is top notch, can't fault anything, kept me updated from the moment I left the car with them.

Sound check:
http://youtu.be/1jiZxxVRx9g

Drive by:
http://youtu.be/7JePiW0YnXw

Interior sound:
http://youtu.be/lB6eUjCM5pE

If anyone is thinking of the same then I'd say go for it, you'll never look back, you probably enjoy the sound of a H pipe a bit more but whatever you decide you'll be happy with the end results.

Thanks,

Joe.

You got me thinking :)

I know bud, I wanted it slightly louder to be honest but I still love it... I know if I went for a straight H it would have been louder but at the risk of loosing some low end TQ..

With the X design you gain a bit of top end HP but slightly quieter noise however still louder than stock.

Speak to Olly, I say go for it - what car do you have?

I only have a C320 Coupe, although it has got me thinking from the CATs back....

I only have a C320 Coupe, although it has got me thinking from the CATs back....

Hmmm, I'd personally leave the exhaust alone on that car, the 3.2V6 already sounds loud for what it is.

Give it a remap, when I had a c320 ages ago I gave mine a remap and could easily notice the difference.

Speak to Olly, he's done so many C55's before - I'm sure C55's have a single Y design set up, like this:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/o2a9yc-lzf4/mqdefault.jpg

Yep that's the one.

Had silencer removed and secondary cats removed at MSL, Imran said no point in going for a X pipe on the C55.

It sounds way way better. Its pretty naughty when its cold, hehe, and sounds amazing after 4k. Theres no real drone on the motorway at 70mph.

Ive got a few crappy vids of mine, been wanting to get some better ones but not really got round to it.

Yep that's the one.

Had silencer removed and secondary cats removed at MSL, Imran said no point in going for a X pipe on the C55.

It sounds way way better. Its pretty naughty when its cold, hehe, and sounds amazing after 4k. Theres no real drone on the motorway at 70mph.

Ive got a few crappy vids of mine, been wanting to get some better ones but not really got round to it.

I remember when I was behind Justyn's C55, which had a res/2nd CAT delete, sounded so loud.

I did think about having the secondary cat delete but didn't want to loose any low down TQ.

Post some vids of yours please, mine were only done on a phone camera.

I need to sort some out.

Hmmm, I'd personally leave the exhaust alone on that car, the 3.2V6 already sounds loud for what it is.

Give it a remap, when I had a c320 ages ago I gave mine a remap and could easily notice the difference.

Cheers, I will give it some thought. I did think it was loud enough today, although I really would like a factory quad look on the rear. :thumb:

Yep that's the one.

Hi Grovsie31. Checked out your earlier clips, sounds pretty cool :cool:

So you stayed with the Y pipe on your C55, and just had 2nd cats and resonator removed ? Ollie showed / blipped one he'd done just before BOTG and that was pretty good, must book a trip now that ferries are less crowded.

Hehe cheers, that was a few days after id had it done, im sure its got even deeper sound now.

Yeh just the silencer and Cats, ill get some pics and vids up when I can.

Well I wanted to release some more V8 noise without having to remove the CATs, so after a quick online searches I decided to go for a simple resonator delete however I wasn't sure weather to go for an X pipe or H pipe.

You left in the secondary cats :(

CaptainRAVE said:
You left in the secondary cats :(

Too many down sides to this mate one being MOT the other is you could loose low end TQ if you remove them, so I'm told - I didn't want to loose any HP/TQ.

I didn't want to mess around with it too much, I like the OEM setup, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom