SLK55 AMG Remap and Dyno

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACID

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 Supercharged Stage 3 and E63s Estate
SLK55 in with us last week for a Remap and Dyno.

Equipped with Shorty Headers with stock Cats.

Tuned to:
310.27 Whp (366.12 Bhp)
324.25 Wtq (382.62 Ft Lbs Torque)

Just out of interest have you ever completed any work on the R172 SLK 55AMG with the M152 5.5 litre V8? It normally pushes out 421bhp.

I've just sold mine, but in the future..............

Just out of interest have you ever completed any work on the R172 SLK 55AMG with the M152 5.5 litre V8? It normally pushes out 421bhp.

I've just sold mine, but in the future..............

I would be interested to know this as well...:thumb:

I would be interested to know this as well...:thumb:

DMS (in Southampton) have an engine and gearbox remap, plus V-Max removal that takes it to between 440-450bhp. Crisper engine and exhaust note and nice snappy gear changes too by all accounts. DMS seem well regarded and have just released their 620bhp M178 remap, which would make one hell of a difference to the C63's.....

Doesn't seem much of a gain over standard

That does seem abit low.

I have had mine done with Kleeman headers and a stage one remap and have these results.
IMG_5558.jpg

That's a bit more like it...!
On the R172 SLK I would be wanting at least stock 421 bhp raising to maybe 470-480 to feel its worth while.

Is this possible and what sort of cost would it be.?

That's a bit more like it...!
On the R172 SLK I would be wanting at least stock 421 bhp raising to maybe 470-480 to feel its worth while.

Is this possible and what sort of cost would it be.?

Seriously doubt that's going to happen. Would need a complete new exhaust system with headers and decat to get anywhere near that.

^ They didn't have one last month. Maybe one close by to get those figures?

Lilith said:
That does seem abit low. I have had mine done with Kleeman headers and a stage one remap and have these results.

I think those are short headers not like the kleemann long tube heads, so they won't give much.

I dyno'd mine at SRR 407hp & 413ibft with kleemann headers, down pipes and custom ECU map (West-tuning)

445bhp/430ftlbs is just with a (good value in my mind) map - add headers and fancy pipework and you'd get a decent chunk more no doubt, but costs would inevitably spiral. M152 is a great engine and the last production AMG motor that remained NA with a 7000+rpm redline and proper character. Sure it's not an M156, but in the open SLK it's a great alternative, in a quite grown-up sort of way, with its restrained low-rev exhaust note that becomes much better with the valves open at WOT and higher revs. Add the PP LSD and ESP that can be completely disabled (unlike the R171) and what's not to like... :)

445bhp/430ftlbs is just with a (good value in my mind) map - add headers and fancy pipework and you'd get a decent chunk more no doubt, but costs would inevitably spiral. M152 is a great engine and the last production AMG motor that remained NA with a 7000+rpm redline and proper character. Sure it's not an M156, but in the open SLK it's a great alternative, in a quite grown-up sort of way, with its restrained low-rev exhaust note that becomes much better with the valves open at WOT and higher revs. Add the PP LSD and ESP that can be completely disabled (unlike the R171) and what's not to like... :)

Having said all that, I could be tempted by the long-tube Kleeman headers (if I've understood correctly that those are the generally recommended fitment) and high flow CATs, if the results are likely to be obvious to both seat-of-the-pants dyno and my ears. Does anyone have any views or experience?

R1NGA said:
Having said all that, I could be tempted by the long-tube Kleeman headers (if I've understood correctly that those are the generally recommended fitment) and high flow CATs, if the results are likely to be obvious to both seat-of-the-pants dyno and my ears. Does anyone have any views or experience?

I have KleemannK2 package which includes long tube headers and down pipes, so no primary cars just secondary cats.

Do it, do it, do it is all I can say to you!!!

https://youtu.be/zSzQYd50J18

I have KleemannK2 package which includes long tube headers and down pipes, so no primary cars just secondary cats.

Do it, do it, do it is all I can say to you!!!

https://youtu.be/zSzQYd50J18

Oh dear - and I thought I was able to leave this one alone........ Thanks for the help, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom