SLK55 Coilovers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzedUP

MB Enthusiast
Car
NA
Hi,
Looking to fit a set of decent Coilovers on my SLK55 (R171) do you guys know if there is any available for the SLK AMG?

I had a set of H&R on my C55 and that changed everything, It was amazing round the bends! Looking for similar, any advice & recommendation?

Cheers,

Jo.

Hi
Can I have your phone number please to arrange the viewing as I'm really interested in the e55 you have for sale?
I tried to pm you but your mailbox is full
Thanks

Try PB Coilovers. I've just used a set on my 996 and they are extremely good quality and handle well.

KW? AMG used KW for their SLK 55 Black Series. Must have been Variant 1 or 2 at the time.

KW? AMG used KW for their SLK 55 Black Series. Must have been Variant 1 or 2 at the time.

Thanks for that, I was looking at these, I just need to find someone to supply and fit them, etc.

providing the price is right obviously;)

Why not fit H&R to the SLK. They are very good as you know.

Yes, not sure if H&R do a set for the R171 SLK - been looking online and i'm getting very good feedback on the KW's

As said AMG use them on their SLK55 Black Series, but i'd def consider H&R as I loved them on my C55.

BenzedUP said:
Yes, not sure if H&R do a set for the R171 SLK - been looking online and i'm getting very good feedback on the KW's As said AMG use them on their SLK55 Black Series, but i'd def consider H&R as I loved them on my C55.

PM me the Reg and I will check with H&R.

I priced a set of KW for a C63 recently. They had a 6 week lead time iirc.

I expect the SLK55 will be similar.

The H&R kit may have a similar lead time as it's a rare car. Probably made to order.

Spoke to Olly actually about install, but could not find the KWs in time, so lead time is something to consider.

Also, I noticed that the official price from KW website / their RRP is a bit on the high side and you can get around 10% below their RRP.

Another thing to consider - KW typically provides installation details on their website, so if you go that way, have a look.

And from the days when I was looking at the SLK55, there was a slk specific forum - there was a ton of info on R171 and some people were running Kleemann compressors with suspension mods. Try googling, I believe it was slk world. You probably know it though anyway :)

Another thing to consider - KW typically provides installation details on their website, so if you go that way, have a look.

And from the days when I was looking at the SLK55, there was a slk specific forum - there was a ton of info on R171 and some people were running Kleemann compressors with suspension mods. Try googling, I believe it was slk world. You probably know it though anyway :)

Cheers buddy.

I am a member on the SLKWORLD, great site and as you say tons of info on the R171.

Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

As you see my SLK55 is on the front page. ;)

I priced a set of KW for a C63 recently. They had a 6 week lead time iirc.

I expect the SLK55 will be similar.

The H&R kit may have a similar lead time as it's a rare car. Probably made to order.

PM'd you, thanks.:thumb:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom