Slow acceleration... another thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GTC220CDI

Car
2011 C220 CDi Auto Estate
Hi folks

I've read quite a few posts on slow acceleration but they were for older cars and possibly different engines.

I bought a used C220 CDi ED125 (don't know what that is) 2011 BlueEff estate

I think it's a great car and have only had it 2 weeks. I know a few of you will be saying take it back to the dealer then. The dealer is about 60 miles away so would like to diagnose the fault first and then call the bu**er.

Now the engine light did come on yesterday but has now gone off but I think I've had this issue intermittently before, I've also lost my bluetooth OBDII scanner which is really helpful, so anyway...

...The car seems to drive normally, it goes through the gears as it should. The issues arise when I come to give it some beans like over taking etc. It doesn't 'kickdown' and also sounds like it has a big bore exhaust on at times (which does actually sound quite decent but probably isn't right) From 2500rpm the rate of acceleration really tapers off and feels like it's limited to 3000rpm.
I can pop it into to sport and the flappy paddles won't shift the gears where as they used to so I know they work. I think it's definitely in some sort of "limp mode".

As soon as I find my scanner I'll check for fault codes but I was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on it whilst I'm sat at work wondering what it could be.

If you restart the vehicle does the limp mode go away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you restart the vehicle does the limp mode go away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not 100% sure but I would say yes.

In terms of the sound of the engine I had something similar to when I had a Ford Ecosport 1.5 diesel *hangs head in shame* I would attempt to overtake, engine light would come on, limp mode enabled, I could stop turn the engine off then on and the fault is cleared, that turned out to be Intercooler hose had come adrift.

Well I've bought an icarsoft scanner and the fault is the exhaust pressure sensor (dpf) p245414 fault code

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi folks

I've read quite a few posts on slow acceleration but they were for older cars and possibly different engines.

I bought a used C220 CDi ED125 (don't know what that is) 2011 BlueEff estate

I think it's a great car and have only had it 2 weeks. I know a few of you will be saying take it back to the dealer then. The dealer is about 60 miles away so would like to diagnose the fault first and then call the bu**er.

Now the engine light did come on yesterday but has now gone off but I think I've had this issue intermittently before, I've also lost my bluetooth OBDII scanner which is really helpful, so anyway...

...The car seems to drive normally, it goes through the gears as it should. The issues arise when I come to give it some beans like over taking etc. It doesn't 'kickdown' and also sounds like it has a big bore exhaust on at times (which does actually sound quite decent but probably isn't right) From 2500rpm the rate of acceleration really tapers off and feels like it's limited to 3000rpm.
I can pop it into to sport and the flappy paddles won't shift the gears where as they used to so I know they work. I think it's definitely in some sort of "limp mode".

As soon as I find my scanner I'll check for fault codes but I was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on it whilst I'm sat at work wondering what it could be.
how do i advertise my car new to forum and pc help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom