slow duck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark.t

Banned
Car
E300 td tomtom sat nav in car dvd
Just collected my mum and dad from a week at Blackpool..(told them if they didn't behave they'd have 2 next time)...well driving along the M55 minding my own, right in front of me walking right across the motorway is mother duck followed by 7 or 8 little baby ducklings :eek: and everyone trying to swerve around them :crazy: :D

aaw bless - hope they got across OK!! M55's not usually too bad so they should be OK.

Now where is that unmarked Silver Range Rover the blue boys have on the M55 when you need it! :D

pammy said:
Now where is that unmarked Silver Range Rover the blue boys have on the M55 when you need it! :D

On the M6 near Wigan booking anyone who so much as looks at them :D

Duck with orange sauce.

1 duck of 1.5 Kg (7 or 8 ducklings optional)
8 smoked bacon rashers
1 carrot cut into rounds
1 onion cut into rounds
bouquet garni: parsley, thyme, laurel
150 ml dry white wine
300 ml chicken stock (or cubes)
salt and pepper
For the sauce
2 sugar cubes
2 tbsp vinegar
juice of one orange
1/2 lemon squeezed
1 orange rind

Duck Place the duck in an oven proof pan lined with the bacon rashers, carrots and onions. Add the bouquet garni and season with salt and pepper and cook for 15 minutes, turning ocasionally to brown the duck on all sides.
Add the dry white wine, let it evaporate, then add the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and cover tightly with aluminium foil; place in a pre-heated oven at 180° C - 350° F - G4 and cook for 1 hour.
Sauce Put the two sugar cubes in a saucepan, pour the two tablespoons of vinegar on top and caramelize on medium heat. Add the juice (with the bacon, carrot and onion) from the pan in which the duck was cooking and the orange juice and boil. Blend and strain the sauce. Boil the orange rind cut into very fine strips for 5 minutes and add to the sauce.
Presentation Remove the duck from the oven, place it on a serving dish or board and pour the sauce on top.
Duck with orange sauce is excellent served with steamed potatoes
:D

del320 said:
Duck with orange sauce.

1 duck of 1.5 Kg (7 or 8 ducklings optional)

That's :devil: you naughty person you :p

I've just ordered a whole crispy duck with pancakes and hoisin sauce.
Yum Yum :D

GRAV888 said:
I've just ordered a whole crispy duck with pancakes and hoisin sauce.
Yum Yum :D

I'm cooking one as we speak :D duck is resting in it's marinade after being boiled :eek: have made spring rolls and mandarin pancakes too. Just cliced the springies and cucumber - Duck is going in oven soon :D yummy yum yum :D

Nice to see you back - you've been very quiet ;)

Woah - you can make this stuff? I thought it only came in aluminum cartons :D

pammy said:
Nice to see you back - you've been very quiet ;)

Have been in france with the lorry on and off for the last 2 weeks.
Major delays cos of SEA FRANCE. :crazy:
Am selling 2 of the lorries and buying 2 new vans.
Got 1 on a weeks demo from monday. :rock:
Just gonna keep the renault artic.
Need some van work if you know anyone ;) ;)

GrahamC230K said:
Woah - you can make this stuff? I thought it only came in aluminum cartons :D

Our chinese now serves the food in microwaveable plastic cartons.
They are excellent for putting bits and bobs in.
Only thing is, I have nearly 100 :eek:

GRAV888 said:
Our chinese now serves the food in microwaveable plastic cartons.
They are excellent for putting bits and bobs in.
Only thing is, I have nearly 100 :eek:

Hehe! I hear you...
I have about 30 of em - one comes with me to work every day - trouble is that I keep losing them all the time :eek:

Got to try to lose more of them though, then I can order more Chinese food to replenish stock!!

:bannana:

This thread is Orville ;)
img3.jpg

duck

their was a humanitarian edge to this thread at the beginning :D but has now delved into the depths of our carnivorous tendencies ...bloody good crispy duck ...reaching for phone ;)

Back to ducks. I believe that ducks have right of way on a road. Can anyone confirm?

ducks

yes they should have right of way,because we are a nation of animal lovers, but at 90mph :devil: they have a reduced right, same as flying over a field in duck hunting season :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom