Slow to warm start and sluggish from cold.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Emeye

Car
C207 E350 cdi
My W202 C230k starts fine from cold but the idle is slightly jumpy and the car feels a bit hesitant until warm.

When I do a warm start it can take a few seconds to start up, but it never fails to start.

Could this be the MAF?

Also when I fill the car up completely, there is a strong smell of petrol for a while, but while I don't think thus is related I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Cheers. :)

Hi sounds like maf to me as I had same sort of thing but a lot worse as car would only rev to 2000rpm and was really lumpy and jerky. Best to get it plugged into a star first to check as maf's are expensive! If it is maf you could try cleaning it with contact cleaner or anything that evaporates and leaves no film! Cleaned mine and was fine for 6months but then died so got a new bosch one. Don't get cheap one always Bosch. Carl.

Well I drowned it in electronic contact cleaner, seems to have improved things. Might have just prolonged its death though....

One way to check if it's MAF
When it's running rough disconnect the MAF if the car improves that's your problem

I have a feeling that Olly may be along in a minute .....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom