Slow tyre deflation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vixpy1

Car
Mercedes E300TD, Subaru Legacy GTB Twin Turbo, Landrover S11A , TVR Chim 500, Mazda RX7 Cab Turbo 2
My tyres keep deflating :(.. I pump them up to 33ish psi and then a couple of days later they are abck down at 15psi..

I had the worst one looked at yesterday and for £12.50, the tyre fitters took the tyre off the rim, cleaned off the corrosion and refitted it. That one now does'nt seem to deflate..

3 more to go :(

Anyone else had this problem?

vixpy1 said:
My tyres keep deflating :(.. I pump them up to 33ish psi and then a couple of days later they are abck down at 15psi..

I had the worst one looked at yesterday and for £12.50, the tyre fitters took the tyre off the rim, cleaned off the corrosion and refitted it. That one now does'nt seem to deflate..

3 more to go :(

Anyone else had this problem?

Have heard of this before, but never experienced it. The tyre fitter should always check the rims for corrosion or dents to avoid this problem. The other regular problem is the valve slowly leaking off, checked by the spittle test.

One of my tyres did that for a few months and then finally exploded. Still don't know what it was though...

Corroded alloys and cheap tyres can do it. My Lexus used to do it - I had to blow the tyres up every week.

culpano said:
I had to blow the tyres up every week.

Ah, the mind boggles. :)

I had the same on my new Goodyears, it turned out i had picked up a PK screw when leaving the tyre company, hows that for sods law. luckily Formula1 do free puncture repairs on tyres they fit.

Ronal alloys as fitted to SAABs during the '80s & '90s were known to be porous and that hastened corrosion. Me and the old man experienced this on 4 cars. He's 94 and his car is 17, so he's fitted inner tubes - says they'll see him out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom