SLS E300 w210 problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ross Elliott

Car
e300 w210 606
Hi Guys I'm new to the forum and new to MB. I recently inherited a very nice e300 estate and I am in love.....
few small problems as the car was parked up for 6 years but getting there slowly.
One thing I cant seem to get to the bottom of is the SLS is not working. I had a diagnostic run and it showed up that the control module is not communicating. mechanic seems to think it could be a power supply issue.(could it be a fuse? and where is the fuse located for sls?) I have not a clue about the system and not sure where to go from here. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The SLS system on your car is entirely mechanical.
There are no electronics involved.The system is no different to the previous 123 or 124 models, right up to the end of production 2003.

Are you sure it's the SLS system, i.e. self leveling (rear) suspension?

That's very good to know, thanks.
100% its SLS, having alot of trouble finding anyone in ireland who will look at it other than Mercedes main dealer. It looks like one of the shocks is leaking a little too. What's involved in converting it to standard suspension?

Leaks are common after 15+ years, Conversions are not recommended.
I've a good used one going spare. I was keeping it for spares but the car is now to be sold.

They're not handed, either. Both sides have the same part number (OEM Sachs)

That's great thanks, just need to find someone over here that can look at the whole system and tell me exactly what's wrong with it. I don't seem to be losing power steering fluid which I thought I wud be if the shocks were leaking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom