SLS Roadster going for a song?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went for £87k , just shows how unrealistically inflated some of the asking prices are.

K

Or that was genuinely a bargain...

Really nice platform but perhaps doesn't have enough reach (yet) to achieve top price. Most of the time there is a reserve so it was a brave move not to include one here.

Same....never seen the site, and that SLS looks a bargain

I remember seeing a coupe at a MAZDA dealer ffs for £80k back in 2015. They were selling for £150k 2 years later. Still kick myself.

That’s a very cheap car at £92k including buyer’s commission.

Possibly a genuine bargain but I suspect that the price was affected by being a South African import and incorrectly registered.

It’s probably a £110-115k sticker price at a dealer. After accounting for a discount you would probably pay £102-£100k.

A 12 month warranty worth having is probably £2k, so when all is said and done it’s 10-15% under market price.

I’m pleased I didn’t know about that particular car as I would have been too tempted and torn about that car.

I would probably prefer to pay that little more for a car without any question marks, but I do love a bargain!

The Podcast with Chris Harris is worth a dip.

Sometimes it's completely up its own exhaust pipe, with nonsense about "Influencers flipping supercars," but there are more interesting bits: stories from various racing drivers (Bell, Nidell, Hill), journalists (Harry Metcalfe, Frankel, Meaden, Goodwin, Bovingdon), and motor industry legends (Gordon Murray).

The episode on the creation of Pistonheads is a good one. .Surprisingly just a hobby that got out of hand. Edmonston tells the story

I think it's Edward Lovett, ****'s son, who is the guy behind "Collecting Cars" auctions. But the whole concept of internet auctioning has a decade long and dubious history. Folk have dabbled with the idea but it's not easy to make it stick.

Caveat Emptor, or Watch out Bidder / Seller: Sharks about.

Episode 25 - Featuring Rob Dickinson and Richard Tuthill · Collecting Cars Podcasts with Chris Harris

Or that was genuinely a bargain...

Really nice platform but perhaps doesn't have enough reach (yet) to achieve top price. Most of the time there is a reserve so it was a brave move not to include one here.
I would guess that the seller had a backup plan:cool:

That’s a very cheap car at £92k including buyer’s commission.

Possibly a genuine bargain but I suspect that the price was affected by being a South African import and incorrectly registered.

It’s probably a £110-115k sticker price at a dealer. After accounting for a discount you would probably pay £102-£100k.

A 12 month warranty worth having is probably £2k, so when all is said and done it’s 10-15% under market price.

I’m pleased I didn’t know about that particular car as I would have been too tempted and torn about that car.

I would probably prefer to pay that little more for a car without any question marks, but I do love a bargain!
Yes I think that's right, nearly bid myself!
The Podcast with Chris Harris is worth a dip.

Sometimes it's completely up its own exhaust pipe, with nonsense about "Influencers flipping supercars," but there are more interesting bits: stories from various racing drivers (Bell, Nidell, Hill), journalists (Harry Metcalfe, Frankel, Meaden, Goodwin, Bovingdon), and motor industry legends (Gordon Murray).

The episode on the creation of Pistonheads is a good one. .Surprisingly just a hobby that got out of hand. Edmonston tells the story

I think it's Edward Lovett, ****'s son, who is the guy behind "Collecting Cars" auctions. But the whole concept of internet auctioning has a decade long and dubious history. Folk have dabbled with the idea but it's not easy to make it stick.

Caveat Emptor, or Watch out Bidder / Seller: Sharks about.

Episode 25 - Featuring Rob Dickinson and Richard Tuthill · Collecting Cars Podcasts with Chris Harris

I know 2 people who have bought and sold (both with multiple classic cars) very successfully. Appears to be a good formula

Let me rephrase that....

It's Edward Lovett, "Richard's" son, who is the guy behind "Collecting Cars" auctions.

images

Been watching Collecting Cars for some time now - they sell some serious metal - a Singer 911 went for over £600,000 a few weeks ago.
There's a nice silver 996 manual listed right now that i've been toying with bidding on but it's just a bit more that i wanted to spend...
Always worth some time to have a look about..

Just checked - the 996 went for £14750 + buyers premium...still not bad if you ask me..

Last edited:
Been watching Collecting Cars for some time now - they sell some serious metal - a Singer 911 went for over £600,000 a few weeks ago.
There's a nice silver 996 manual listed right now that i've been toying with bidding on but it's just a bit more that i wanted to spend...
Always worth some time to have a look about..

Just checked - the 996 went for £14750 + buyers premium...still not bad if you ask me..
Looked like a nice car that, very good price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom