Sluggish 200T

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
I have a 200T which accelerates like a slug. Naught to 60......6 weeks or so it seems. I have checked the timing, CO2 (set at 3.5) Plugs, Air Cleaner etc. Even topped up the dashpot. Can anyone give me an incling what may be wrong. The engine has 166K on it and Compression is good, it uses no oil to speak of. Taa in anticipation

200T? Are we talking about a w123 estate here?

Was it ever fast? How fast do you expect it to be? Do you know anyone else with the same car so you can compare? I don't know much about the oily bits of cars, but scientifically we should be able to eliminate the variables! :)

Thanx for the reply Shude, I have a friend who has one. I have driven his and found it to be a bit quicker on the throttle than mine and yes, it is an estate (got a St Bernard and need to transport him, what else carries a 14 stone dog? lol)

you need a cattle truck oh and shares in a pet food company,thought it was bad enough with an Alsatian

Like your humour Rob..........Got to admit that at the moment the interior looks as if it has housed neumerous small amimals but working on that. As for the dog? too busy eating children but we have to limit him to 2 a day otherwise it upsets his stomach. :)

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
Even topped up the dashpot.

Just a point. If you overfill the dashpot on the caburetor it makes the pickup slower, not faster. you should never "Fill" the dashpot, only add sufficient oil so that when the plunger is replaced you can feel the pressure. If you have difficulty putting the plunger back in then you have overfilled it?

Brian, you are a star ! problem solved now, thanx

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
Brian, you are a star ! problem solved now, thanx

Glad that you are satisfied. The Account is in the post.:D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom