Slugs in garden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
These pesky f****** turn up every day once the sun goes down... what's the best way to stop em

Can't use any pellets etc as I have a dog

I was thinking of lining the perimeter of the patio with rock salt?

Abs

Sink a bowl into the ground and fill with beer.
Slugs attracted to the beer and then drown.
Careful when you empty the container its messy

Blow torch? :dk:

Lol I just pour salt on them but it makes a bigger mess than letting them f*** off in the morning haha

Trying to stop the little s**** turning up at all... they can carry lung
worm which can be transmitted to dogs

Sink a bowl into the ground and fill with beer.
Slugs attracted to the beer and then drown.
Careful when you empty the container its messy

my entire garden is patio/decked so won't be possible to sink into the ground

I think pellets (or at least some types) are supposed to be safe with dogs if used correctly. Whether you'd want to risk it though...

Well I had a property for a time that had loads of slugs,I used to go out and hit them with a club hammer,I was amazed how you got a variation in colour and size,the biggest ones were the brown slugs,after a couple of days that sport tailed off,you then need to turn over the soil in the garden,you find that slugs will only use the part of your garden that best suits their needs,by disturbing the soil you will kill the eggs they lay,it is important you do this or you will never get rid of them,also turn the soil over when it is freezing that will almost certainly kill all of them off.

These pesky f****** turn up every day once the sun goes down... what's the best way to stop em

Can't use any pellets etc as I have a dog

I was thinking of lining the perimeter of the patio with rock salt?

Abs
Why don't you just google it. :doh:

Borrow some chickens for a few days.
Chickens are happy and full.
You are happy and full (eggs)
No chemicals or salt.
Job done!!

Oh, the chicks might mess any borders up while they scratch around and have dust baths.

Borrow some chickens for a few days.

Then the whole garden is covered in feathers and fox sh1t. ;)

Beer is the answer. It doesn't have to be buried just accessible so a dog bowl with sloping sides will do fine.

Beer is the answer. It doesn't have to be buried just accessible so a dog bowl with sloping sides will do fine.

Then his dog will be permanently p1ssed.:doh:

Get a family of hedgehogs in.....they love the vile things.

Then the whole garden is covered in feathers and fox sh1t. ;)

I agree wholeheartedly, beer IS the answer.

I've not tried drinking it from a dog bowl with sloping sides but it sounds like an excellent idea.

Make sure it's non alcoholic beer though, don't want the slugs drink-diving. :D

Coat?

I've not tried drinking it from a dog bowl with sloping sides but it sounds like an excellent idea.

I'll send you a tenner for a pic of you doing it. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom