Small Accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nik_Endeavour

Car
Mercedes-less at the moment
I had a small accident today on my way to work which resulted in a lost repeater plastic cover and a very slight superficial scratch on my wheelarch.

Do you reckon is it worth it to buy smoked or clear ones? And how easy is to take them off?

Nik

The repeaters in the wings just slide in one direction and lift out.
Just press on one end and the end that you push from will lift out

They are removed quite easily. As for smoked/clear, if you get a clear one from the stealership it will probably be cheaper than a pair of smoked ones from the aftermarket plus depending on the colour of your car the smoked ones might look a bit 90s.

They are removed quite easily. As for smoked/clear, if you get a clear one from the stealership it will probably be cheaper than a pair of smoked ones from the aftermarket plus depending on the colour of your car the smoked ones might look a bit 90s.

That's what I thought. I have a dark blue car and have considered the smoked ones before as an upgrade but always liked the look of the clear ones.

I replaced my (facelift) clear side repeaters last year - they cost £4.24 + VAT each from the MB stealership. Not sure if you have the facelift model or not.

I looked at getting either smoked or crystal clear aftermarket versions but these seemed more expensive and I was also concerned they would be the stick-on variety rather than clipping in nicely like the proper ones.

I'm glad I kept to the OEM ones - amazing how some stealership parts seem a really cheap price and others are a rip-off.

Fitted it already! Nice to see my car at its best again, lol £4.84 all together, not bad at all

When I fitted facelift 210 mirrors to my previous car I had the front wing holes filled and painted to complete the look.

A bloke at work offered me £10 for the old repeaters, bargain really as they were filthy and 5 years old :)

Mental note: Need to find myself a set of w210 mirrors!

I wanted to do that mod for a while now

Mental note: Need to find myself a set of w210 mirrors!

I wanted to do that mod for a while now
Well if the owner of the 210 shed I have in my place does not start talking to me soon, you can have the whole bloody car :rolleyes::devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom